Thread: Chart with multiple axes

Sencha User

Default Chart with multiple axes

Is it possible to have a Chart with multiple y-axes (more than two) which is shown for example a power consumption scala in the first axis and a temperature scala in the second axis (and so on)?

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers

You can only have 1 axis per position. You can have a left and a right one and a top and bottom one but not two lefts or two bottoms.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

Sencha User

Thank you for answering.
    As I wrote I'm asking for more than two, let's call it "y-axes". Can that be definied as a feature request on your side for a later realease?

Other problems are comming up if I using two "y-axes". One on the left and one on the right. It seems that the chart do not really care about multiple axis. That means when I define one series on the left axis and one on the right axis the right I got one (or two) problems:
    • First one is well described here http://www.thewebgoodies.com/2012/05...column-charts/. That behaviour should be configurable at my point of view. The workarround with the dummy fields is working, but when I'm using then a chart legend I have the dummy fields also in the legend and no change to get them out (by configuration).
    • Second problem is more a feature request. If I'm using grid = true with an axis on the left and right side to getting the horizontal grid the scales on the axes are not the same. I mean the distance between the lines is not the same. That creates a chart which is looking good. A feature request will be to have the possibility to configure that the scales are having the same distance for the steps on both (or multiple) axes.
    I hope you can understand what I describe. I'm only working with sencha for two month and for sure I'm did'nt figured out all possibilities of it so far

Answers

Sencha opened a ticket for that.
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?275032
    Object.NET
    Frameworks and Tools for .NET Developers
    --------------------------------------------------
    Ext.NET - Ext JS for ASP.NET - Examples | Twitter
    Bridge.NET - Write C#. Run JavaScript! - Live | Twitter
    --------------------------------------------------