Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gxt Chart legend with many items.

You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTGWT-4587 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.

The test case to reproduce my problem is:
    Include a pie chart in a Content panel with a fixed height.
    If you have too many legend items (font size 10: approx more than 13), some elements will not be displayed, both at the top and at the bottom (see inspect element below; there is an element which is not displayed at the bottom - the same is the case for the top).

text below.png

Like I said in my previous post, a simple solution would be to add a scrollbar just for the legend, but I can't find any way to implement it. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Sencha Sr Product Manager

Good question. I'm looking at options. I'll change the status if need be.

I've linked the issue number to this issue.

I don't have any configuration magic to stack the legend better. What I would suggest at looking at making a separate widget to render the series. This could be a Drawing widget or basic html and use the same colors from the chart. I know that isn't the best, but could be an option.

Thanks for reporting.

@branflake2267 I considered that option, but it would render some functionalities which are provided by default with the legend (item hiding, item highlighting) difficult (if not impossible) to implement. If it wasn't SVG we were talking about rendering there, adding a scroll bar would have been as easy as adding a few lines of CSS, but given the state of the issue...

Good questions about it being closed. I'm not sure how that happened. I've corrected it and updated the heading. It should read open now.

Thanks for letting me know.

@branflake2267 I saw you labeled the thread EXTGWT. The problem I have occurs on GXT 3.1.4. Shouldn't it be labeled GXT? Or is it just a naming convention you use?
    Thanks,

Sencha User

It's just a naming convention. That's definitely the GXT project.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12