Thread: Opposite of filtering? (take filtered rows and unfilter some)

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Opposite of filtering? (take filtered rows and unfilter some)

Filtering on a store is a brilliant tool, but applying 2 filters is an 'AND' action (must satisfy all filters to be displayed) which is useful most of the time, until you want to look for one of two things on different fields.

(if they were on the same field it's a trivial exercise, just make the regular expression you send use and 'or'... i.e. 1|2, meaning either 1 or 2)

So is there a way to make certain rows always stick? If certain rows can't be filtered out, or we have a way to unfilter them back into the store then i can effectively show rows on either of one OR another condition.

The only way i can see to do anything remotely like this is to write a function and use it in a filter... But that would mean declaring the function before i knew what the value i'm filtering by is, and the scope of the function wouldn't see that value or be able to passed it, would it?

Answers

You might check this out--something I experimented with a while back: http://existdissolve.com/2011/11/ext...ltiple-fields/

Answers

Is there an update to this? Seems it does not work with 4.2.1...
    Perfection as a goal is a nice idea that can point one in a specific direction. However, since "perfection" is an ever changing (evolving?) and moving target, one must admit that perfection can never be obtained...

When in doubt, check the d4mn source code!
    ================================================
    And here are my terms...

1. I don't care if you use my source code. (Known as "Code.")
    2. I don't care if I get any monetary compensation.
    3. I do care to receive credit for Code provided. So, please keep my name in the comments for Code provided.
    4. Code is provided without warranty "AS-IS" and I claim absolutely no warranty nor liability to the quality, security, and run-ability on any platform.
    5. By using Code, you accept all risk inherit with Code regardless if Code has known and yet to be discovered bugs.
    6. You are welcome to change and improve the Code to best meet your needs.
    7. I don't care if you use the Code in a commercial or open-source project.
    8. You are not required to contact me prior to using the Code.

================================================
    Simple. Enjoy.