Thread: Creating inside a Wrapper

Sencha User

Default Creating inside a Wrapper

Hey Guys,

Im quite new to ext js. Just a quick question that someone can quickly help me with.

I was interested in using/changing the portal example shown here.

But the example puts the code directly inside the body of the html. Is there a quick way to simply use that example, but make sure its only placed within a set wrapper (div). Say div id/class 'wrapper', how would i go about making sure to tell it to deploy things inside the wrapper?

would appreciate the answer being directly related to the example linked above, what i would have to change to put the contents inside a wrapper (besides creating the wrapper div inside the body).

Again, this must be so very simple, just couldn't find it anywhere

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers

So you are wanting the portal example rendered to a specified div?
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

Sencha User

Yeah.

For the time being, i have edited the /js/src/container/viewport.js to render entire example in a wrapper div.
    Code:
    var me = this,
     html = ( Ext.Element.get('extWrapper') ) ? Ext.Element.get('extWrapper') : document.body.parentNode,
    el;
    Another question to add to this:
    Im using Extjs on a web application. Basically i want the 2d drag and drop grid functionality from this portal example. When i use the example, the resulting web page is quite large, ~3mb with like 50 odd js files dynamically attached to the page (quite a lot of requests). Is there any way someone can help me remove quite a lot of unnecessary requests/attachments to fit my needs?