Thread: Color Picker in Ext.grid.PropertyGrid (Again!?)

Sencha User

Default Color Picker in Ext.grid.PropertyGrid (Again!?)

I know this isn't widely supported, but it's ok for my usage to require people to use Chrome.. which has a very nice color picker built in.

I'm trying to add support for some custom types in the property grid, for an in-house application. I would like to use the native <input type="color"/> -- however if I pass this into the property grid, all I get is a non-editable colored box.

So what I came up with was to suppress the editor part of the color chooser all-together.

http://jsfiddle.net/EznUc/26/

T
    here are a couple problems with using the method - I'll have to dig out the unique ID from the editor component (for example), so I can retrieve the value. Effectively bypassing the native functionality of the ProperyGrid.

The question is, is there a better way to do this?

Thank you for your time,
    Jason Andersen

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers

You could probably create the customRenderers in the constructor then you can control the id being specified
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

Sencha User

Thank you for the suggestion. In the fiddle, I do have a custom renderer, so I can arbitrarily assign the ID.

Doing it this way bypasses the automatic store updates etc... While I can make it work, I was just hoping there might be a nicer way. I imagine we could probably call this closed.