Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ext is not defined

Ext User

Thumbs up Dynamically including "include files" does not work in IE/Safari

Hi I had the same problem with IE and Safari

The reason was that i was including all the JS and CSS dynamically by another script which inserted the files into the <head> tags of the document. (that way i would have only single include)

Looking at firebug, i could confirm that the files were being inserted in the correct order and the contents were indeed there, and in Firefox the application would work fine. But i would get the 'Ext is not defined' message and all other sorts of crazy errors in IE and safari.

I had to explain that the cms app would only work in Firefox due cos it was the only browser "smart enough". OMG, what a drama

Anyway, turns out that once i tried to put all the includes in the <head> directly, all would work just fine.

Its always little things

Default It helped me

Quote Originally Posted by h2technologies View Post
    Make sure adapter/ext/ext-base.js is the 1st include file
    Although I'm not the original asker, this solution fixed the problem for me. Thank you.

Default Ext no defined using Firefox

It is a simple problem.

When we are working with firefox to refer any resource like ext-all.js just start resource path with file:///<here give the script path>

Thanks,

check file permissions

And visit my page phpzend.net

Sencha User

Default Solved!

I know its been many months since the question was asked, but this error happened to me today, and I discovered a solution that is different from the other fixes mentioned here.

I'm using JavaScript document.write() to dynamically create the lines in the header that load the various Ext script files. (I'm doing this dynamically so I can use a custom path, but that's beside the point). This was working fine in some places, but failing with the above-mentioned error in others.

Eventually, I figured out that it was necessary to add a closing "/script" tag, before doing anything that referenced the Ext object.

For example, this would cause the error: "Ext is not defined"
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
    document.write('<'+'script type="text/javascript" src="'+customPath+'/ext3/ext-base.js"><\/script>');
    Ext.something = 'something;
    //]]>
    </script>
    But this would work fine (same code, just separated into distinct "script" sections):
    Code:
    document.write('<'+'script type="text/javascript"  src="'+customPath+'/ext3/ext-base.js"><\/script>');
    //]]>
    </script>
    Ext.something = 'something;
    //]]>
    </script>
    Hope this helps someone.

Sencha User

Default java.lang.NullPointerException

I went through the newest getting started tutorial, did everything is described, built the app when i added the login stuff I got the java.lang.NullPointerException error. Newest SDK and CMD

Nevermind: I figured out the issue!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12