Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [4.0.2] Selection model returns wrong record when Grouping feature is enabled

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-7893 in 4.2.2.1144.
    Touch Premium Member

This also works with me, with one amendment. For some reason the datachanged event wasn't firing, it's update instead. So I changed that in fireEvent and it's working now. Thanks!

Sencha Premium User

Glad to hear it's working well for others! Has anyone used the fix in ExtJS versions other than 4.1.3?

Hi,

I've just stumbled across this problem too. I realise it's fixed in the latest framework release, but if, like me, you are still using 4.2.1 here is another option for working round it.

All the handler functions I have used that handle a grid event pass in the underlying 'tr' html element corresponding to the row of the grid table. Once you have a reference to this element you can use
    Code:
    node.getAttribute('data-recordId')
    to return the id of the item in the underlying store backing the grid. Once you have an id you can use
    Code:
    store.getById(id)
    to return the actual item that was clicked on. In all my testing the 'data-recordId' remains constant even when expanding an collapsing groups; it is the 'data-recordIndex' that seems to go wrong.

I've had to go down this route because I'm using Sencha Architect and couldn't find a nice way of handling the override solutions suggested in the rest of this thread. Hope it helps someone.

Sencha Premium Member

Thumbs up Working solution

I had the same situation, and ask sencha support. They return me this:

Ext.define('Ext.overrides.view.Table', {
    override: 'Ext.view.Table',
    getRecord: function(node) {
    node = this.getNode(node);
    if (node) {
    return this.dataSource.data.get(node.getAttribute('data-recordId'));
    }
    },
    indexInStore: function(node) {
    node = this.getNode(node, true);
    if (!node && node !== 0) {
    return -1;
    }
    return this.dataSource.indexOf(this.getRecord(node));
    }
    });

I added it to my app.js on my launch function and it worked great! Hope this help someone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123