Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sencha GXT 3.0 Maven support

Ext GWT Premium Member

I just tried logging into the artifactory server with my sencha support credentials and was denied. What next?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Alworth View Post
    The credentials you should use are the same ones that log you in to https://support.sencha.com/ or into our artifactory server itself (available at https://maven.sencha.com/repo/, though you shouldn't need to use this web interface for anything other than verifying that the creds do indeed work). These are the same that you would use in your own settings.xml file when referencing our repo from within a project on your own computer. If the credentials work in those cases, then they should also work in your maven server, unless something is misconfigured there.

Unfortunately, we can't support your nexus server and more than we can support your internet provider, but if you can confirm that your support credentials work correctly and describe the other steps you have taken, then we can at least start to rule out possible problems you might be facing.

if you are sure your credentials are correct, you should contact sencha support to make sure your support hasn't lapsed.

did you try to log in via artifactory or straight up into sencha's artifactory server? you might try the latter first to ensure you have your credentials correct.

Ext GWT Premium Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you happen to know which username works - seems sencha support site has a "name" for my 'account', but asks for my email address to login. My forum username is the same as I use for the main sencha.com site. I have verified that my support is still valid.

my login is my work email address. i can't remember if i changed that from the default under the support section, however, because I joined before my company bought licenses and support and changed it over.

shoot an email to Vicki Pelc asking for assistance. she's helped me out in the past with issues like this.

Sencha User

As far as I can tell, the exact same credentials entered at https://support.sencha.com/ should work at https://maven.sencha.com/repo/ - in fact, they are tied into the same backend service to ensure this.

If you are having a problem, please file a support ticket, we'll use your specific support account details to try to debug this situation.
    Apparently my sencha forum inbox is too small to hold my messages, please contact me at [email protected] to reach me.

Sencha User

I got a commercial licence, but no support. Hence I put in my pom.xml:
    Code:
      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>sencha-commercial-release</id>
          <name>Commercially licensed Sencha artifacts</name>
          <url>https://maven.sencha.com/repo/commercial-release/</url>
        </repository>
      </repositories>
    After doing a build I took a look into the app.war file. In WEB-INF/lib/ I found gxt-3.0.0b.jar. Opening META-INF/ I discovered license_commercial.txt as expected.

After updating to GXT 3.1.0 it is a different story. META-INF/ now contains license_gpl.txt
    Seems wrong to me. Am I doing something wrong or is it an error on behalf of Sencha?

Sencha User

Thanks Andreas, looking into that now. We verified this at least for deploying to maven central and the commercial jar, but I'm less certain about the war file. I'll reply back shortly.

Sencha User

I've verified that the 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 jar files for the actual GXT release is correctly using the commercial license - this is typically how a project will make use of GXT, rather than using the jar embedded in the explorer.

(edit, clicked post too soon)

I likewise downloaded both 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 war files from the commercial repo, unpacked them, unpacked the gxt-3.1.x.jar file in WEB-INF/lib/, and verified the presense of license_commercial.txt (and absence of license_gpl.txt).

This all seems to be in order - can you double check your results by downloading the file directly? The only thing I can think of at this point is that you already pulled down these files from maven central (which is licensed to be open source in keeping with the spirit if not the letter of the central repo rules), and your local maven build thinks it does not need to download again from our repo since you already have the file.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Alworth View Post
    This all seems to be in order - can you double check your results by downloading the file directly? The only thing I can think of at this point is that you already pulled down these files from maven central (which is licensed to be open source in keeping with the spirit if not the letter of the central repo rules), and your local maven build thinks it does not need to download again from our repo since you already have the file.
    I deleted GXT 3.1.0 from my local maven repo and made a new build. Same result. I guess our NEXUS is to blame. Seems like it delivers GPL version, when I ask for gxt-3.1.0.

Our company has more than 1000 employees. I don't know if someone uses GPL version of GXT. How do I get rid of this mess?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345