Thread: IndexBar bug in the Kitchen Sink example.

Sencha User

Default IndexBar bug in the Kitchen Sink example.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet, but I am getting to a place where I would like to have a grouped list, and can be quickly navigated with the indexBar. However, on the kitchen sink example, the index bar doesn't jump to the group associated with the letter tapped on the index bar.

Also, I was hoping to be able to populate the characters of the index bar dynamically based on whether there are items in the associated group. In other words, if there are no items that start with the letter Q, then Q will not show up on the index bar.

Answers to how to do this, and/or added functionality to make this possible would be dreamy!

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers

I just tapped on a couple letters in the index bar in the kitchen sink demo and it works as expected for me.

About the letters, the List has a config indexBar which can take a config object for Ext.dataview.IndexBar. Ext.dataview.IndexBar then has a config letters which is an array of letters to show:

Code:
    letters: ['A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', 'F', 'G', 'H', 'I', 'J', 'K', 'L', 'M', 'N', 'O', 'P', 'Q', 'R', 'S', 'T', 'U', 'V', 'W', 'X', 'Y', 'Z'],
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

Sencha User

On the issue with the Kitchen sink, I forgot to mention that I was talking about the demo directly on the site. Hadn't checked to see whether the issue was occurring on a device. It's still happening for me in Chrome though. Whenever you mouse over the indexbar it changes the mouse to the text editor shape ( the one that resembles a capital I ), and clicks on any spot pop the list to the top.

As for setting the array, sounds like a function to check the records and populate that array would be the way to go, thanks for the tip!

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers

http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/#!/...e/kitchen-sink

That is working fine for me. Tap on T and it jumps to T. Tap on D and it jumps to D.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

Sencha User

Hmm strange. I just tested it on my Mac at work, on Chrome, and it does work. Only on my windows PC did that problem occur.

Sencha User

Default Partially Broken

The Kitchen Sink indexbar works for me in Chrome on my mac, but in Chrome on my Android phone it does not.