Thread: PDF and e-mail support in Sencha Touch 2

Default PDF and e-mail support in Sencha Touch 2

I have more and more requirements from users that are impossible to achieve in a web based framework.<br>Speed is not everything. I really need to do something with two topics:

1. Be able to show PDF documents inside my application. In iOS there is PDF Kit that can be used for that and it works great in applications like Dropbox (I don't know if they actually used PDF Kit or something else)

2. Be able to compose email with attachment (picture) that was prepared by the server. Picture is now displayed inside my panel with possibility to pan/zoom (each time new view is rendered by server)

I'm not asking about 3D game... just basic "office" functions. If this is not possible, than that means starting from the scratch with native app. If anyone here has any suggestions, please let me know

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Are you using a native wrapper or just in the browser?
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

I have just finished first version made using ST1 and PhoneGap wraper. Next step is migration to ST2 if I can manage more advanced features. Intro page mentions something about native wrapper, but no details - is it NimbleKit? I know it has some e-mail support (how about attachments?) but I don't see any way to approach PDF.

little off topic as for ST1: performance with big lists is poor, responsiveness is poor - delay when touching buttons (maybe I could manage my components better), no debug in native wrapper, no meaningful error logs form Apple. Take an template app from xCode - add 200 elements to the list - it works like a charm.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by MaciejZabielski View Post
    I have just finished first version made using ST1 and PhoneGap wraper. Next step is migration to ST2 if I can manage more advanced features. Intro page mentions something about native wrapper, but no details - is it NimbleKit? I know it has some e-mail support (how about attachments?) but I don't see any way to approach PDF.

little off topic as for ST1: performance with big lists is poor, responsiveness is poor - delay when touching buttons (maybe I could manage my components better), no debug in native wrapper, no meaningful error logs form Apple. Take an template app from xCode - add 200 elements to the list - it works like a charm.
    From the looks of it (trolling through the source, builds, etc.) they're using NimbleKit. Probably a custom build as there are only a handful of NKSencha* classes. It'd be great to get the command server to expose the other NK APIs. I'll do some more poking around tonight.