Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Touch event are very slow to be triggered in iOS devices

Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Sencha User

Default Anything new about this please ?

Hi there,

We are also experiencing the same latency on touch events (ST 2.0.1 - IOS 5.1).

Have you made any progress on the fix please ?

Thank you.

Touch Premium Member

Default This is apparently an iOS problem

Well... after a few attempts we came to the conclusion that this is a problem with the Safari/iOS in version 4. The problem was solved when we removed the following shadow css style property from our background:

HTML Code:
    .contentPanel 
    {  
      background: url(some tiny square) repeat;
      -webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 0 65px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2); <----
      box-shadow: inset 0 0 65px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);   <-----
    }
    It appears that iOS 4 does not implement drawing shadows correctly in this case which causes the whole browser to almost freeze. We tested that on a very simple page with a background and a button that alerts something when clicked. We don't know if this can be solved by the Sencha code itself

Quote Originally Posted by valk View Post
    Hi there,

We are also experiencing the same latency on touch events (ST 2.0.1 - IOS 5.1).

Have you made any progress on the fix please ?

Thank you.

Sencha User

Hi jjamid,

Thank you for sharing this fix.

Will give it a try to see if it helps with IOS 5 too and I will post the results.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjamid View Post
    Well... after a few attempts we came to the conclusion that this is a problem with the Safari/iOS in version 4. The problem was solved when we removed the following shadow css style property from our background:

HTML Code:
    .contentPanel 
    {  
      background: url(some tiny square) repeat;
      -webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 0 65px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2); <----
      box-shadow: inset 0 0 65px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);   <-----
    }
    It appears that iOS 4 does not implement drawing shadows correctly in this case which causes the whole browser to almost freeze. We tested that on a very simple page with a background and a button that alerts something when clicked. We don't know if this can be solved by the Sencha code itself

Touch Premium Member

Please do update.

I have to say again that we didn't have this problem in iOS 5 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by valk View Post
    Hi jjamid,

Thank you for sharing this fix.

Will give it a try to see if it helps with IOS 5 too and I will post the results.

Thanks.

Sencha User

Default I don't think the problem(Ext.tab.Panel slow) have been sloved by your methord on IOS

because ? I can't find the flowing code in ST2(sencha-touch.css & sencha-touch-debug.js),can you give me some advise, thank you very much!
    ================================================
    .contentPanel { background: url(some tiny square) repeat; -webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 0 65px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2); <---- box-shadow: inset 0 0 65px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2); <-----}

by my test, I found:
    Ext.tab.Panel in ST 2.0.1 is also not faster than ST1.0, do you have some method to slove it , thank you!
    Last edited by szgch; 14 Jun 2012 at 6:42 PM. Reason: more info to description

Touch Premium Member

Hi,

The styles I posted are not part of sencha touch - we had these styles on our Panel which caused the problem. removing these styles DID solve the problem on iOS 4.

If you are expriencing without using similar styles - then there must be another problem. If your application is slow on ALL the operating systems then I suggest you re-check your code and try to find the problem by removing stuff

Quote Originally Posted by szgch View Post
    because ? I can't find the flowing code in ST2(sencha-touch.css & sencha-touch-debug.js),can you give me some advise, thank you very much!
    .contentPanel { background: url(some tiny square) repeat; -webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 0 65px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2); <---- box-shadow: inset 0 0 65px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2); <-----}

by my test, I found:
    Ext.tab.Panel in ST 2.0.1 is also not faster than ST1.0, do you have some method to slove it , thank you!

Sencha User

I haved the same problem also, but I discover that the css rule
    Code:
    text-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5) 0 -0.08em 0;
    maked the event slow on my segmentedbuttons in the IOS, in PC doesn't.
    I'm using sencha touch 2.0.1.1, when I maked other app with sencha touch 1.0 I used this css in the same device with the same OS and it doesn't produced these bad effects. As far as I understand it's a problem in the library.

I still want put this css on the component but I haven't found another way.

True, problem confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by ilmiacs View Post
    Hi there,

The same problem seems to be present in the 2.0.1 RC release.

Just grab an iPad (I have 3rd gen.), go to Kitchen Sink -> UI -> Toolbar and watch the response times of the toolbar buttons:

- The segmented buttons behave as expected: Immediate response

- The other buttons behave badly: On an initial tap they rest in a pressed state for a noticeable delay. Subsequent taps on the same button then respond as expected. Sometimes, the buttons hang in the pressed state for an indefinite time, until an other button is pressed. This, however, is not reproducible.

Latency is crucial for our application and we now decided to go native. While Sencha Touch provides a great GUI and has the great advantage of portability, we noticed that browser interpreted javascript is simply not snappy enough just yet for our latency-sensitive application, even for simple interactions. This decision is not solely related to the button latency described above.

Peter

Sencha User

Hi,

While testing the Kitchen Sink application on iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S and 5, we experience a delays of about 300ms when touching any List item to navigate. The same delay is also present when tapping on the Back button.

It is doing it only on iOS devices. Tested with iOS 5 and iOS 6.

The animations are not so fluid and really not instantaneous. You can feel that 300ms delay all the time. It doesn't "feel like native" as advertised on the main page.

We were planning on using Sencha Touch for some projects but this is holding us a lot.
    I see there is no activity on the thread for more than 3 months and no answer from Sencha.
    Is there any plan on resolving this or should we use another framework?

Sencha User

Same here, I have to set the sass to a minimum level, the app is going a little faster, but is ugly...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123