Thread: itemId vs id

Default Answered: itemId vs id

What is the difference between itemId and id in components? Let's say when it comes time to making refs - I have been using itemId in say my button config and then making a ref but I see that sometimes ID is implemented - the only diff I can see is that id goes in the dom. What is pros and cons? docs don't really specify

2. Hi.

As you say the Id goes into the DOM, and so you should only have one unique Id in the dom-wide scope.
    This is often a problem, since you never know about other Id's in the dom (unless you have created the complete app and page).

ItemId is a fix/workaround for this problem, since it is a custom property, and you don't break the dom if you get duplicates. Then it's up to you to have unique ItemId's it the scope you choose to search for them in refs/selectors.

Answers

Hi.

As you say the Id goes into the DOM, and so you should only have one unique Id in the dom-wide scope.
    This is often a problem, since you never know about other Id's in the dom (unless you have created the complete app and page).

ItemId is a fix/workaround for this problem, since it is a custom property, and you don't break the dom if you get duplicates. Then it's up to you to have unique ItemId's it the scope you choose to search for them in refs/selectors.
    Sven Tore Iversen