Page 64 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Ext.ux.LiveGrid

Default enableRowBody and view height issue

Hi,

First of all, the livegrid really is a great component! Works really well.

I am using it with a enableRowBody to show some detail of each row, working fine for this.

But I want to add an option to toggle between the extra detail and just the basic row. I have done this using a Cookie to store the preference (Toggled by a button) which is then checked on the getRowClass: function(record, rowIndex, rp, ds) method to actually output the info.

So when someone toggles between the detail and basic row info, I calling myView.refresh(); which redraws the grid with or without the extra data.

All working well expect for when we toggle between extra data (So deeper rows) and basic data (Slim, 1 line rows) the grid/view does not resize itself to match so we end up with just 3 or 4 rows showing.

Whats the best way to fully redraw the entire livegrid?

Thanks,

I want to propose some new functionality. How about being able to configure the start position of the livegrid?

This would have to be in two parts.

1. The start parameter to request the correct buffer of rows from the server
    2. The liveScroller element scrollTop value

Right now, to resume a LiveGrid to a saved position, it MUST load page 1. It is actually written to always page 1 first. It then calculates the row height in order to be able to size the liveScroller element's child element to get a scrollbar.

To resume to a scroll position, you have to load page one, wait for it to do its calculations so that the liveScroller is set to the right height, and THEN scroll the liveScroller, and the listener machinery then kicks in, and loads the new buffer of data if necessary.

All of which makes for a poor user experience.

It would be very useful to be able to configure a start position and a startScrollPosition in the GridPanel's config object. You would need both. You cannot get all the information needed from just one. You have to load the buffer, render one line, calculate the rowHeight, set the scroller's inner height, and THEN scroll to the specified position.

I've been hacking through the code, but it's a fundamental change, and would take me a long time to integrate, and I would then end up out on a limb with no upgrade path.

How about adding this facility Thorsten?

yeah, guess you're not the only one needing this... however there's a feature freeze right now until 3.1 is out there, I'm currently rather confused with the patch releases and still sorting things out, whether I will branch my ux's for every patch release... which shouldn't be necessary IMHO but giving the hassle I had with the latest releases... geez!

Default Any progress?

Thorsten, I don't see any new commits from July 11, 2009 at svn://svn.ext-livegrid.com. Should I use another URL?
    Did you fixed "this._loadMaskAnchor._mask undefined" problem? (Ext 3.0, Ext.ux.grid.livegrid.GridView.renderUI)

Quote Originally Posted by sksoft View Post
    Thorsten, I don't see any new commits from July 11, 2009 at svn://svn.ext-livegrid.com. Should I use another URL?
    Did you fixed "this._loadMaskAnchor._mask undefined" problem? (Ext 3.0, Ext.ux.grid.livegrid.GridView.renderUI)

Try this dev release - no commits so far as I'm struggling with a few issues involved in the patch releases.

Let me know if it works for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by MindPatterns View Post
    Try this dev release - no commits so far as I'm struggling with a few issues involved in the patch releases.

Thorsten, do I need to modify a CSS?
    BTW, why not to put it in trunk?

Quote Originally Posted by sksoft View Post
    Thorsten, do I need to modify a CSS?
    BTW, why not to put it in trunk?
    No, there haven't been made any changes to the CSS file.

I'll sync to the public rep as soon as I know how I will handle the patch release branches.

Ext JS Premium Member

Is this supposed to work with the 3.0.3 release? I'm getting this odd behavior where it places the column header bar in the bottom of the view, if there are more rows than it can display in the view. I.e. if I only have two rows of data everything is fine, but if I have 500 rows the problem shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by chh View Post
    Is this supposed to work with the 3.0.3 release? I'm getting this odd behavior where it places the column header bar in the bottom of the view, if there are more rows than it can display in the view. I.e. if I only have two rows of data everything is fine, but if I have 500 rows the problem shows up.
    Make sure you're loading the css file into your app - get the complete package from ext-livegrid.com and replace the debug-all with the file downloaded from this thread.

Ext JS Premium Member

Make sure you're loading the css file into your app - get the complete package from ext-livegrid.com and replace the debug-all with the file downloaded from this thread.
    I was using the css from the ext 2.x version. Replaced it with the ext 3.x version and now it works much better. Thanks!

Page 64 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast