Thread: Text Area Issue on iPhone/iPad

Sencha User

Default Text Area Issue on iPhone/iPad

Hi All,

We have a form which contains a text area in the bottom. The wiered behaviour we are getting on iPad and iPhone is that when we enter text and press enter the cursor is going down to invisible area instead of adding scrollbar to text area.

we have maxRows attribute value set to 5 and when we add more than 5 lines...they are being typed below textarea (no scrollbar to text area)

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers

Looks like we are capturing the scroll. Works in Chrome but not in iPad.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

Sencha User

And this only happens when the containig page has scrollbar, if the form is shorter so that there is no scrollbar on the page problem goes away..

anything we can do?

Thanks,
    Anuj

Sencha User

Default Same problem

Hi,
    any news on that topic?
    Just deployed our app and found out we're having exactly the same problem - though I'm not yet sure if this is a Sencha Touch problem - tried a different scroller instead of the sencha one, still no luck -even when temporarily removing the scroller while the textarea has focus.
    My guess is that the webview's scrollview that imho handles the textarea scrolling while the keyboard is showing gets confused by the "scrolled" div. At least I couldn't find any responsible javascript that keeps the textarea scrolled up on each input (it looks as if it "wants" to scroll down and gets scrolled back up immediately)
    @mitchellsimoens: do you have any clue where and how you might "capture the scroll"? I looked for something like that but couldn't find anything.

I'm considering triggering a modal panel with solely the textarea inside as a workaround (or even a modal native UIView over the webView)

Regards
    woita

Sencha Premium Member

Same problem

There appears to be workaround in Sencha Touch 1, but I an not sure how to get it to work here...
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sencha User
    Answers

Hi mangvlad,

Can you please post the code for workaround in sencha touch 1 as you stated.

Thanks,
    Naresh