Thread: Virtualized Grid scrolling broken

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Touch Premium Member

Default Virtualized Grid scrolling broken

To see an example of this bug in action, go to http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!...te-scroll.html, scroll down a few rows, then scroll back up to the top. If you scroll back up slowly, it seems to crop out only a few rows, but scrolling quickly back up to the top, I can get it to crop as many as 30 rows.

Ext version tested:
    • Ext 4.0 rev 7

Browser versions tested against:
    • Chrome 14.0
    • Safari 5.1

Description:
    • The scroller to stops too soon at the top of the scroll range under certain circumstances, causing the remaining rows to be hidden beyond the top of the Grid view. This causes rows to be cropped off above the top of the grid body. The number of rows seems to be browser-specific, as Safari only crops 1 row whereas I've seen as much as 30 on Chrome.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • On any grid with virtualized scrolling, scroll down a few rows and then scroll immediately back up to the top.

The result that was expected:
    • The first row is visible at the top of the scroll range.

The result that occurs instead:
    • Though the scroller is at the top of the scroll range, a number of rows still remain above the grid body.

HELPFUL INFORMATION

Debugging already done:
    • none

Possible fix:
    • not provided

Operating System:
    • OSX 10.7.1

Ext JS Premium Member

Default Problem occurs in our application as well

We are experiencing the same infinite scrolling problems in our application (so it does not appear to be specifically related to the code in the Sencha example).

Sencha Premium User

I have also run into this same issue.

Touch Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by philidem View Post
    We are experiencing the same infinite scrolling problems in our application (so it does not appear to be specifically related to the code in the Sencha example).
    Right, I ran into this problem in my app as well but cited the Sencha example to demonstrate the bug, so that when someone eventually gets down to reviewing and fixing this "grid-breaking" bug, it's not the app that's suspect. Considering Webkit browsers account for a huge chunk of the browser market share, I'm surprised it's been nearly 2 months without a peep.

Ext JS Premium Member

@FOMNick, this happens in IE and Firefox as well (not Webkit specific). I actually reported this same issue and then realized that my report was a duplicate. I hope this gets resolved because we are relying on the infinite scrolling feature. I share your concern about the lack of response from Sencha (especially since it is obvious in their own example).

Sencha User

Same issue here, is there any update on this?

Touch Premium Member

Yep, the example has a bug in it as well... I'm having an issue with duplicate rows. It seems when I scroll w/ the mouse wheel page 1 data cycles through infinitely.
    Last edited by JRSP; 5 Apr 2012 at 2:07 PM. Reason: additional issue

Sencha Premium User

Default Same in 4.0.7

We are facing the exact same issue in 4.0.7

Has anyone had any luck at all?

Sencha Premium User

Thumbs up Fixed!

Using this solution, I got this working 4.0.7

https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...=1#post1108317