Thread: ExtJS 1.1 Ext.data.HttpProxy to ExtJS 4.0 mapping

Sencha Premium Member

Default Answered: ExtJS 1.1 Ext.data.HttpProxy to ExtJS 4.0 mapping

In ExtJS 1.1, Ext.data.HttpProxy is used, can anyone pls tell me its corresponding mapping in ExtJS 4.0?

2. Ext.data.proxy.Ajax is the direct counterpart for Ext1.1's Ext.data.HTTPProxy.

But the whole Data Package was refactored and improved a lot you will not find direct counterparts for the old methods.

Some pointers:

#getConnection() -> All Ext.data.proxy.Ajax objects use the Ext.Ajax object (one single Ext.data.Connection)

#load() -> is now called #read() but you normally don't call this manually. The store calls it when necessary.

Also have a look at the Data Package Guide: http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/guide/data this might shed some light on how things are done the ExtJS 4 way.

Sencha User
    Answers

Are you looking for Ext.data.proxy.Proxy. The implementation with store would look something like

Code:
    Ext.create('Ext.data.Store', {
                model: 'model',
                proxy:{
                     type: 'ajax',
                     url : 'url',
                     reader: {
                         type: 'array',
                         root: 'dataobj'
                     }
                }
            });

Sencha Premium Member

I need functionality for HTTP proxy in ExtJS 4..... In Ext 1.1, this functionality is under Ext.data.HttpProxy..... check out the documentation in the link below:
    http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-1.1.1/docs/

I didn't find it in Ext.data.proxy.Proxy in ExtJS 4
    any solution?

Answers

Ext.data.proxy.Ajax is the direct counterpart for Ext1.1's Ext.data.HTTPProxy.

But the whole Data Package was refactored and improved a lot you will not find direct counterparts for the old methods.

Some pointers:

#getConnection() -> All Ext.data.proxy.Ajax objects use the Ext.Ajax object (one single Ext.data.Connection)

#load() -> is now called #read() but you normally don't call this manually. The store calls it when necessary.

Also have a look at the Data Package Guide: http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/guide/data this might shed some light on how things are done the ExtJS 4 way.
    Daniel Jagszent
    [email protected]??gsze?t.de <- convert to plain ASCII to get my email address

Sencha Premium Member

Thank you vasm and DJ .....