Thread: Controller's this.control function does not accept "dot" notation xtype/widget alias

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext JS Premium Member

Exclamation Controller's this.control function does not accept "dot" notation xtype/widget alias

Ext version tested:
    • Ext 4.0.2a
    Browser versions tested against:
    • IE8
    • FF3 (firebug 1.3.0.10 installed)
    • Chrome 13.0.782.107
    Description:
    • My component (view) has an alias of "widget.list.simplegrid" . I am referencing the component as xtype "list.simplegrid" successfully throughout my application. However, in my Controller I am trying to attach a listener to this view as follows:
    this.control({
    "list.simplegrid": {
    "itemdblclick": this.activateChart
    }
    });

The above DOES NOT get captured. If I change my alias to widget.simplegrid (and change all my xtype references to simplegrid), and then change this.control to listen against "simplegrid" it works fine. This will result in a clunky code base in an enterprise setting. We tend to organize our views/components in organized folders of their own and then reference them by a dot notation package structure (a-la Java).

Operating System:Win XP

I also like to keep the dot in my widgets. This is what you can do until this bug (is it?) is fixed:

PHP Code:
    this.control({

"component[xtype=list.simplegrid]": {

"itemdblclick"this.activateChart

}

}); 
    Or:

PHP Code:
    this.control({

"component[alias=widget.list.simplegrid]": {

"itemdblclick"this.activateChart

}

}); 
    Of course, instead of "component" you can be more specific, like "panel" or "grid".

Michael