Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Designer 1.2 Preview

Sencha User

Thumbs up Designer 1.2 Preview

Hi everybody,

I have some news that you might like: Designer 1.2 is very close to release. How close? So close we're posting a couple of preview links for the brave few that feel like taking it for a spin!

WARNING! DRAGONS AHEAD. THIS IS NOT A RELEASE VERSION, MIGHT CONTAIN BUGS AND THINGS WILL BREAK. USE AT YOUR OWN PERIL. I'M SERIOUS ABOUT THIS.

PLEASE INSTALL TO A SEPARATE (SIDE-BY-SIDE) LOCATION WITH 1.1.2 IF YOU CURRENTLY HAVE THAT INSTALLED!

Links removed - see this thread instead

Warnings aside, take a peek, let us know if you find anything objectionable (or just good old bugs).
    In particular, please try loading your old 1.1 projects and see if anything breaks. Make sure you use backup versions, as usual. The file format for 1.2 projects is not compatible with 1.1, anything you create with 1.2 will have to stay there.

Thank you for your patience!

Ext JS Premium Member

Thank you for the great news.

But more important: do the 1.2 version play along correctly with v1.1.x?
    What I mean is if installing 1.2 won't break the installed 1.1.x?

I'm asking this, since in the past, updating was very cumbersome and most of the time with errors (and it was impossible to revert without cleaning the system).
    E.g. on Windows there seems to be several unversioned things like files in $home, Registry, etc. , where it's not clear to what ExtDesigner version they belong.

Thanks in advance.

Sencha User

When you open your 1.1.x Designer file we notify we're upgrading it and make a backup mydesignerfile.xds.bak this allows you to revert to your .bak with 1.1.x going forward if need be. This is simply a copy of your original file prior to upgrade.

Sencha User

no MVC exporting???

Sencha User

MVC is slated for Designer 2.0

Sencha User

so designer is useless for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Strong View Post

Sencha Premium Member

Two questions:
    1. Time frame for 2.0?
    2. Any idea if we can be able to upgrade to 2.0 from 1.x (with some cost of course) or we will have to buy new license?

Regards.

Sencha Premium Member

Default 2.0?

Two questions:
    1. Time frame for 2.0?
    2. Any idea if we can be able to upgrade to 2.0 from 1.x (with some cost of course) or we will have to buy new license?

Regards.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by ssamayoa View Post
    Two questions:
    1. Time frame for 2.0?

Regards.
    We will announce this in due time.

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Strong View Post
    When you open your 1.1.x Designer file we notify we're upgrading it and make a backup mydesignerfile.xds.bak this allows you to revert to your .bak with 1.1.x going forward if need be. This is simply a copy of your original file prior to upgrade.
    Sorry but this is really not what I asked .
    I'm interested in the installation process of the tool itself (as it comes for windows only with an installer, it's using registry entries and it writes in the user home directory without marking there with version numbers, so that several parallel version could run without conflict).

We would like to try/test your beta, but keep the 1.1.x working on those systems for our productive work, as with your online activation process it was very cumbersome to setup ExtDesigner in first place .

Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast