Thread: sencha create problem - part of build

Ext JS Premium Member

Default sencha create problem - part of build

We started getting the following error: undefined:0 TypeError: 'null' is not an object when we call 'sencha create'. If we leave our controller out of the required list then we don't get the error, so we suspect it has something to do with that, but there are not lint errors in the controller and the application is running fine.

Can you help us to identify what could cause this error.

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar

It's too little info to advise anything useful. Can you elaborate please?
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid MultiSearch Plugin, Grid MultiSort Plugin, Configuring ViewModel Hierarchy

Ext JS Premium Member

Unfortunately we don't have a lot more information. When you want to use the Sencha builder you first call 'sencha create jsb -a index.html -p app.js'. This creates a jsb3 file which is then used to create the apps-all.js for deployment. We started noticing that the create call was giving us the error I mentioned above. We haven't tried to debug the sencha code and were hoping that there was something known about this create function that could help us to figure out why we are getting the error.

The funny this is, the create seems to build a good jsb3 file and the build works. We just want to get rid of this error message, but it contains so little information that its difficult to analyze.

Ext JS Premium Member

I did some debugging. I can see that there is a 'phantom.exe' calling ext-app-builder.js to create the jsb file. The error is generated after the ext-app-builder.js is called. 'ext-app-builder.js' creates the jsb3 file successfully, but an error occurs between the time it finishes creating the file and when the phantom.exe program completes.

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar

Well, I cannot do anything else with this but to move it to Bugs forum or to SDK Tools forum. Support Team has no control over SDK Tools.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid MultiSearch Plugin, Grid MultiSort Plugin, Configuring ViewModel Hierarchy

Ext JS Premium Member

thanks - it probably is a bug

Sencha Premium Member

Default This solution solved a problem for me

I had a few lines of javascript about the Ext.application({}) in app.js. Removing those lines solved the problem. Also, I had to name it app.js.