Thread: [4.0.2] isIE7 returns true for ie8

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium Member

Default [4.0.2] isIE7 returns true for ie8

I do a test for Ext.isIE6 and Ext.isIE7 (just checking each property for true) in order to inform the user to upgrade. It works fine, except that Ext.isIE7 also returns true for IE8.

Are you running in compat mode?
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Former Sencha framework engineer, available for consulting.
    As of 2017-09-22 I am not employed by Sencha, all subsequent posts are my own and do not represent Sencha in any way.

Sencha Premium Member

The default is to view all intranet sites in compatibility mode, so yes (this is an intranet site). I can understand the issue, though it should be noted in the docs, which is the real reason for the post (it's not that big a deal for my project).

Sencha Premium Member

Actually, I can't really tell. The tools menu has "compatibility view" grayed out. I assumed that this means it is in that mode and can't be changed, but the icon (the broken page) is not showing anywhere.

Ext JS Premium Member

Default Compatibility

do a view source and look for a meta tag that forces the browser into ie7 compatibility mode, it will disable the compatibility view

Sencha Premium Member

Thanks. I was able to code around it. As stated above I posted this thread more for a documentation heads up. The Ext.isIEx properties should have this caveat noted.