Thread: [OPEN-766]Loading JSON and saving to LocalStorage does not persist Association Fields

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User

Default [OPEN-766]Loading JSON and saving to LocalStorage does not persist Association Fields

Sencha 1.0.1
    Google Chrome

I have a nested JSON object I load into a Ext.Store with a memory Proxy.
    I then loop through all models and their known associated models and call the save() method
    These models all have a local storage Proxy.
    When saved, all models have their explicit fields and values stored in localStorage.
    However, there is no foreign key field saved in localStorage.

I would expect that the implicit foreign key field would be saved to localStorage.

When I first load the stores using the defined json fixture, the stores maintain the associations and I can traverse these relationships. However, when I attempt to load from local storage, I can not traverse these relationships.

Sencha User

Ahh, when I explicitly listed the foreign key field within the models fields definitions it was persisted in local storage.

Its strange that it worked on first load when everything was in memory.

I could see a validation check on models being useful here. Maybe when a belongsTo association is created it checks that a field definition exists for the foreignKey name belonging to that association.

Sencha User

Maybe a feature request, but for a less "repetitive" style, maybe belongsTo associations can automatically update the fields list with a field named the same name as the foreign_key, defaulting to type:'integer' unless specified otherwise.