Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Packaging Sencha app for iPhone

  1. #1

    Question Packaging Sencha app for iPhone

    Hi,
    Is it possible to package a Sencha HTML5 app "inside" a native iPhone app (aka Site Specific Browser)? I'd like to be able to submit the app to the app store.

    I haven't done any iPhone development before but i've heard that a WebView (in Objective C) provides browser functionality.

  2. #2
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Have a look at "PhoneGap" or Appcellerator Titanium. Both of these let you wrap web technologies in an XCode project.

  3. #3
    Touch Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    25

  4. #4
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mhumph View Post
    Hi,
    Is it possible to package a Sencha HTML5 app "inside" a native iPhone app (aka Site Specific Browser)? I'd like to be able to submit the app to the app store.

    I haven't done any iPhone development before but i've heard that a WebView (in Objective C) provides browser functionality.
    Sure!
    You can even do it without PhoneGap.
    As you can even see in this post related to the project I'm working on, the application is just a Sencha Touch app wrapped inside a WebView.
    In my project I use some additional Objective C features to make possibile to upload files from my iPad pictures library, but if you don't need to interact directly with iOS native features, a WebView component is all that you need.

    Hope this helps.

  5. #5
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    openthesky7(at)gmail.com
    Posts
    54

  6. #6

    Default

    Hi Can you share a sample project template which has sample Sencha touch integrated in Objective C application.

  7. #7
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bhushangahire View Post
    Hi Can you share a sample project template which has sample Sencha touch integrated in Objective C application.
    Hi.
    I suggest you to use PhoneGap.
    It wrap your Sencha Touch application inside a native app and give you access to a lot of native functions directly from javascript.

    Hope this helps.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andreacammarata View Post
    Hi.
    I suggest you to use PhoneGap.
    It wrap your Sencha Touch application inside a native app and give you access to a lot of native functions directly from javascript.

    Hope this helps.
    Actually I know all those frameworks, PhoneGap, Titanium & Rhodes.
    But I wanted to take screenshot of the current active view, which I can easily achieve from objective c.

  9. #9
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I don't mean to hijack this thread, but i have a question related to Phonegap/Sencha. Has anyone created or seen a Sencha app that makes use of the camera? Every example/app I have seen so far has not had this feature and was wondering if anyone has done it and could provide an example...

  10. #10
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bhushangahire View Post
    Actually I know all those frameworks, PhoneGap, Titanium & Rhodes.
    But I wanted to take screenshot of the current active view, which I can easily achieve from objective c.
    Phonegap plugin (Screenshoot)
    https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap.../master/iPhone

Similar Threads

  1. Testing iPhone app wihout iphone (or simulator): Chrome user agent spoofing?
    By charris in forum Sencha Touch 1.x: Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 9 Jan 2012, 12:24 PM
  2. Sencha Touch app deployment to IPhone and Android
    By m11 in forum Sencha Touch 1.x: Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24 Oct 2011, 12:53 AM
  3. converting sencha touch app to ipad app
    By fgeorge in forum Sencha Touch 1.x: Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 4 Oct 2011, 1:09 PM
  4. running Sencha Touch Web Application as local app on jailborken iPhone
    By openthesky7 in forum Sencha Touch 1.x: Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26 Feb 2011, 1:13 AM
  5. Turning Sencha Touch-based app into a true native iPhone app?
    By inapp in forum Sencha Touch 1.x: Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21 Jul 2010, 5:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •