Thread: initial load for complex scrolling list (iPad 4.2)

Default initial load for complex scrolling list (iPad 4.2)

I have a container which is set to vertical scroll, it houses a list of complex html elements. The scrolling is fine once the first scroll takes place. However, when the first scroll occurs, the list freezes and takes around 1 second to begin scrolling.

Assuming that it is doing an initial "compilation" for rendering, how can I automate this process so that a user does not have to initiate it by attempting to scroll first. If it is not doing a "compilation", then what could be causing this initial freeze?

I've noticed that iScroll does not do this when I replace the container with an iScroll object. It also offers smoother scrolling, actually. iScroll also offers a consistent experience every time, whereas with Sencha, the scrolling performance seems to be a hit and miss. On a good day, it scrolls just fine (after initial scroll) and on a bad day, it is choppy beyond usable.

Hopefully the Sencha team would be able to shed some light on this? Thanks.

Anyone? I don't understand how no one else is having this issue.
    Basically, all I'm doing is setting a container to scroll: 'vertical', then using a for-loop to add in items.

Same "issue" for me with Ext.form.Select (Ext.Picker)... it has a dataset containing 1000 items. If the user touches the select field, the picker takes some seconds to show. Second touch is much faster.

Sencha User

This is happening for us also. In our test desktop browsers, it is always smooth, but on the iPad (4.2), the initial scroll after loading always stutters for a second. Past that, it is very smooth. Hoping there is a remedy for this.

Sencha User

Also having this problem. I'm starting some source code and console.log exploration as to what's going on when the first touch happens. I'm thinking it's probably the Scroller being initalized