Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please add dates to the Roadmap

Ext JS Premium Member

Thanks for the update. That helps.

Thanks Ed for the update. Anxiously waiting for the new Calendar views.

Ext JS Premium Member

Will these new calendar components be actually part of Ext proper, or will they be UX? This is important because in previous releases several of the promised extensions ended up as UX, and were not that useful in practice.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by joeri View Post
    Will these new calendar components be actually part of Ext proper, or will they be UX? This is important because in previous releases several of the promised extensions ended up as UX, and were not that useful in practice.
    They will come as part of an example application, under a separate namespace from Ext.ux. One of the things I want to change from 4.0 onwards is the dumping of such components into ux.

In this particular case we are putting them in a sample app because the scope of a calendar application can vary so much. These are intended as a base to build from - just supplying the base functionality required by all calendars, without the more advanced stuff like recurring event date calculation and similar.

Ext JS Premium Member

Default ExtJs change of focus ? Desktop -> Mobile ?

In my company we had great expectations for the next version of ExtJS, especially the inclusion of a key interface element (the pivot table) for the type of software we developed.

On the other hand, We appreciate that changing the site not only looks (to me) to reflect a change of image, but also focus ... (RIA -> to mobile platforms only).

That feeling makes us think that the ExtJs framework will become secondary product and perhaps for this reason suffer delays in their development, or... a complete transformation that produces its near disappearance.

Please could you tell us some words about it?, What is the long-term future of ExtJS for "desktop" RIA?

Thanks to dissipate our fears,

Claudio Campos

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by edspencer View Post
    As I mentioned in my last post the 3.3 beta will arrive at the end of June with Ext JS 4.0 landing in Q4 of this year.
    Is the 3.3 beta release rolling out soon ? Would be interesting to see the new calendar and pivot table features in action.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by Smalltalker View Post
    In my company we had great expectations for the next version of ExtJS, especially the inclusion of a key interface element (the pivot table) for the type of software we developed.

On the other hand, We appreciate that changing the site not only looks (to me) to reflect a change of image, but also focus ... (RIA -> to mobile platforms only).

That feeling makes us think that the ExtJs framework will become secondary product and perhaps for this reason suffer delays in their development, or... a complete transformation that produces its near disappearance.

Please could you tell us some words about it?, What is the long-term future of ExtJS for "desktop" RIA?

Thanks to dissipate our fears,

Claudio Campos
    Rest assured that Ext JS is still our leading product and highest priority. We have updated the home page for a few weeks to show Sencha Touch the light of day and give it as much attention as it can get - this isn't permanent, the site will have more balance soon when we switch it back.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by sumit.madan View Post
    Is the 3.3 beta release rolling out soon ? Would be interesting to see the new calendar and pivot table features in action.
    We're taking this release a little slower as it is the final minor release on the 3.x branch. With 4.0 not arriving until Q4 we can afford to take the time to get this final release right. We put the beta back a couple of weeks to around mid July, we'll make an announcement as soon as it's live.

Ext JS Premium Member

Thanks for the clarification

Claudio Campos

I just ask that you trust us to deliver the best products we can and that we'll get them into your hands as quickly as we can.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast