View Full Version : Issues with radio group rendering..

18 May 2010, 3:28 AM

Got a few problems with radiogroup. First of all, IE (7, haven't tested 8) sometimes refuses to use a single row. It *alway* puts a radio group on two rows, no matter what I try:


Firefox displays them allright:


This faulty rendering started when upgrading to 3.1 and remains untill 3.2.1

Furthermore, some radio groups are rendered one 1 line allright, but then are left with a wide space between them. This happens on both Firefox and IE (7):


I have no additional styling rules implemented (nor altered the original ext-all.css) , and even tried with previous versions of ext-all.css files the problem remains.

Any guesses as to why this is are most welcome.

28 May 2010, 1:34 AM
hello ? ello? ello ? llo? lo? o.. o..

4 Jun 2010, 10:47 AM
Even I am facing the rendering issue, were you able to solve this. I am using 3.2x version


9 Jun 2010, 5:19 AM
Nope, this is still as e as it ever was.

14 Jun 2010, 8:10 AM
I'm having the problem in both IE8 (emulating 7) and FF. Can't get the radios to render on the same line.
Strange thing is the radio buttons were horizontal until I had refreshed the page 4 or 5 times, then they changed to vertical. After trying numerous combinations of property settings and reducing my text to a small word, I moved the code to somewhere else on the form. The buttons were horizontal again until I had refreshed 4 or 5 times.

14 Jun 2010, 11:45 AM
After a couple more hours of trying to get the radios to work, I discovered that the problem occurred when I used IDs. But if I didn't use IDs I couldn't use getGroupValue and there was no way to see which radio was checked. Playing some more I discovered that if you use different IDs, everything works fine. getGroupValue works, and if the same name was used for each item, only one value gets posted.

Nother note: I was having trouble resetting the selection and found buried in the documention, although it didn't say what this would do:
Ext.getCmp('myradiogroup').setValue([false,false,false]); - set all the buttons to false. Using a setValue that doesn't exist also seems to work...