PDA

View Full Version : [ERR] javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter

marc.fearby
4 Apr 2018, 3:05 PM
I am unable to do a build of an app in Sencha Architect today (or even via the command-line myself). Here's the Cmd Output from Architect:

[INF] Processing Build Descriptor : default (development environment)
Exception in thread "Thread-19" com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException: com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter
at com.sencha.tools.server.service.tasks.DispatchTask.execute(DispatchTask.java:55)
at com.sencha.tools.server.service.tasks.BaseServiceTask$1.run(BaseServiceTask.java:42)
at com.sencha.util.ThreadUtil$1.run(ThreadUtil.java:65)
at com.sencha.util.ThreadUtil$2.run(ThreadUtil.java:162)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter
at com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException.wrap(BasicException.java:54)
at com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException.stealthify(BasicException.java:43)
at com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException.raise(BasicException.java:35)
at com.sencha.cli.Command.dispatch(Command.java:62)
at com.sencha.command.BasePluginCommands$BasePluginCommand.dispatch(BasePluginCommands.java:289)
at com.sencha.cli.Commands.dispatch(Commands.java:64)
at com.sencha.cli.Commands.dispatch(Commands.java:64)
at com.sencha.command.Sencha.dispatch(Sencha.java:80)
at com.sencha.cli.AbstractCommand.dispatch(AbstractCommand.java:124)
at com.sencha.tools.server.service.tasks.DispatchTask.execute(DispatchTask.java:52)
... 4 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter
at com.sencha.util.StringUtil.fromBase64(StringUtil.java:203)
at com.sencha.security.KeyData.getPublicKey(KeyData.java:34)
at com.sencha.security.Certificate.(Certificate.java:338)
at com.sencha.security.Certificate.load(Certificate.java:331)
at com.sencha.security.CertificateRepoStore$1.(CertificateRepoStore.java:87)
at com.sencha.security.CertificateRepoStore.getByName(CertificateRepoStore.java:86)
at com.sencha.security.CertificateMultiStore.getByName(CertificateMultiStore.java:65)
at com.sencha.tools.pkg.LocalRepository.loadConfig(LocalRepository.java:1004)
at com.sencha.tools.pkg.LocalRepository.(LocalRepository.java:88)
at com.sencha.command.environment.WorkspaceRepository.getLocalRepository(WorkspaceRepository.java:260)
at com.sencha.command.environment.WorkspaceRepository.getLocalRepository(WorkspaceRepository.java:277)
at com.sencha.command.environment.WorkspaceRepository.getCatalog(WorkspaceRepository.java:240)
at com.sencha.command.environment.PackageDependency.getRequires(PackageDependency.java:246)
at com.sencha.command.environment.PackageDependencies.load(PackageDependencies.java:38)
at com.sencha.command.environment.PackageDependencies.(PackageDependencies.java:33)
at com.sencha.command.environment.AppOrPackageEnvironment.getPackageDependencies(AppOrPackageEnvironment.java:621)
at com.sencha.command.environment.AppOrPackageEnvironment.getPackageDependency(AppOrPackageEnvironment.java:629)
at com.sencha.command.environment.AppOrPackageEnvironment.getUsedPackages(AppOrPackageEnvironment.java:189)
at com.sencha.command.environment.AppOrPackageEnvironment.getUsedPackages(AppOrPackageEnvironment.java:147)
at com.sencha.command.environment.AppOrPackageEnvironment.getUsedPackageNames(AppOrPackageEnvironment.java:151)
at com.sencha.command.app.AppCommands$BuildCommand.execute(AppCommands.java:461)
at com.sencha.command.app.AppCommands$WatchCommand.execute(AppCommands.java:909)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sencha.util.MethodInvoker$Arguments.invoke(MethodInvoker.java:175)
at com.sencha.cli.Command.dispatch(Command.java:43)
... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 38 more
[LOG] Fashion build starting for C:\Users\mfearby\AppData\Local\Temp\SenchaArchitectCompile\jra2ed13\data.scss
[LOG] Fashion build complete for C:\Users\mfearby\AppData\Local\Temp\SenchaArchitectCompile\jra2ed13\data.scss
[LOG] Fashion build completed in 0.161 sec.
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.sencha.util.ProcessUtil (file:/C:/Users/mfearby/bin/Sencha/Architect/Cmd/6.5.3.6/sencha.jar) to field java.lang.ProcessImpl.handle
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.sencha.util.ProcessUtil
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

The version of my Sencha Cmd in my system path is slightly older (which I'll have to fix) but if I run the same version of Cmd as Architect (but from a Command Prompt), this is what I get:

C:\PROJECTS\GuumaLi\trunk\SenchaArchitect>C:\Users\mfearby\bin\Sencha\Architect\Cmd\6.5.3.6\sencha app build
Wat!
configFile: C:\Users\mfearby\bin\Sencha\Architect\Cmd\6.5.3.6\sencha.cfg
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1024m
Sencha Cmd v6.5.3.6
[INF] Processing Build Descriptor : default (production environment)
[ERR] javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter

My Architect vesion:

Sencha Architect

Version:

Channel:
4.2-stable

Platform:
1.6.2.49 - win32 x64

Renderer:

Cmd:

Framework:
Ext JS 6.2.x Classic

marc.fearby
4 Apr 2018, 3:17 PM
I fixed my system PATH so that 6.5.3.6 is the version of Cmd executed in my Command Prompt, rebooted, and get the same error (same again in Architect itself, too)

nclemeur
12 Apr 2018, 2:48 PM
Maybe you have updated to Java 9? The error seems similar to:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43574426/how-to-resolve-java-lang-noclassdeffounderror-javax-xml-bind-jaxbexception-in-j

marc.fearby
12 Apr 2018, 2:50 PM
Actually, the problem was caused by my installing Java 10. Since I uninstalled that and went back to 8 everything is fine. I'll have to limit my learning of Java to version 8 for now and then move to 9/10 later.