PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] Documentation Error? Sass folder removed?

rumpelstiltskin
6 Jun 2017, 7:32 AM
I wish there was a way to make a simple report on the actual documentation page, but I see you have these forums at least.

On this page ( http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.5.0/guides/getting_started/getting_started.html ), under UI Styling, you mention a path to the Main.scss:

'classic/sass/src/view/main/Main.scss'

I believe it should now be:

'classic/src/view/main/Main.scss'

(I haven't looked ahead to see if there is any reference to that file under "modern" using that same full path that has "sass" within it...)

Update: Further down on the page, under "Styling Your Application", there's another reference to the folder path including "sass".
"classic/sass/src/view/main/"
and I believe it should be:
"classic/src/view/main/"

rumpelstiltskin
6 Jun 2017, 8:08 AM
Same page, different errors:

Under "Change Themes":

We're told to switch themes from "theme-neptune" to "theme-crisp".

Two issues:

-Current theme is actually set to: "theme-triton" (not neptune)
-Switching the theme to: "theme-crisp" and upon build gives the following error:

[ERR] The following versions cannot be satisfied:
[ERR] myApp: theme-crisp (No matches!)
[ERR] Cannot resolve package requirements

I did change my code to be "theme-neptune" and rebuilt the app, and that theme was accepted.

rumpelstiltskin
6 Jun 2017, 9:45 AM
Same page, different note:

Again, under "Styling Your Application" there's the point brought up of changing the $base-color.

The tutorial requests creating a particular .scss file. If what I mention above is correct that the "sass" folder has been removed and files restructured, then I'm curious about this step in the tutorial.

The tutorial mentions go to "classic/sass/etc/all.scss"

With my currently selected theme of my app to be "theme-triton", I then opened up the already created all.scss file:

myApp/ext/classic/theme-triton/sass/etc/all.scss

My three different attempts at changes here either made no affect to myApp upon build, or caused errors upon build.

$enable-font-open-sans: dynamic(true);
//$base-color: #654321;// caused BUILD errors
//$base-color: #654321 dynamic();// caused BUILD errors.
//$base-color: dynamic(#654321);// Compiled, but to no affect.

(The mentioned BUILD errors, same error upon either of the above lines being uncommented...)

[ERR] BUILD FAILED
[ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.ExBuild: Fashion build exited with code : 1
[ERR] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

greg.barry
7 Jun 2017, 3:02 PM
Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.