PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Themer 1.2 hangs if SDK key is not 'ext'

richardvd
17 May 2017, 4:59 AM
Themer 1.2 hangs at 1% when creating a new theme, if SDK key is not 'ext'.

How to reproduce:

iMac-Richard:~ richard$ sencha generate workspace ws
Sencha Cmd v6.5.0.180

iMac-Richard:~ richard$ cd ws
iMac-Richard:ws richard$ sencha framework add ../ext-6.5.0 ext65 ext65
Sencha Cmd v6.5.0.180
[INF] Copying framework to /Users/richard/ws/ext65
[INF] Added framework ext65 to workspace.json

iMac-Richard:ws richard$ sencha generate app -ext65 -classic Test test
Sencha Cmd v6.5.0.180
[INF] Loading framework from /Users/richard/ws/ext65
[INF] Adding application to workspace.json

Now start Themer 1.2 and create a new theme for this app. Result:

Themer 1.2 doesn't seem to get the fact that the key doesn't have to be 'ext' (and perhaps also isn't aware that there can be more than one SDK in a workspace).

dan.buhrman
17 May 2017, 4:03 PM
Thank you for the report! This is something we have been aware of but haven't addressed yet. The assumption is there is always an 'ext' folder in the root of the workspace, which works for the majority of cases.

As serendipitous as this may sound, relying completely on metadata in the JSON files (like path's to frameworks in a workspace) is what I am currently working on which should make the next minor release of Themer. There are honestly quite a few edge cases around app/workspace/package configuration we need to start handling better in Themer.

dan.buhrman
17 May 2017, 4:19 PM
Also, I should have noted, (incase this wasn't obvious--although I recognize it's unfortunate): the workaround for your issue is to configure your workspace to have an 'ext' key framework that points to a folder called 'ext' in the root of your workspace.

richardvd
18 May 2017, 1:20 AM
Thanks, once I found out why it hung I reconfigured the workspace to make it work.

BTW, nothing wrong with serendipity! :)