PDA

View Full Version : Cannot use ExtJS 6.0.x Classic in Sencha Architect 4.1.2

jmclimaco
15 Mar 2017, 5:22 AM
I'm trying to migrate a Sencha Architect project targeting ExtJS 4.2 to ExtJS 6.2... I was able to successfully migrate to ExtJS 5.1 but when I tried to migrate to ExtJS 6.0 Classic, Sencha simply never finishes loading the project...

I also tried to create a new blank project using ExtJS 6.0 after read that suggestion on another thread in Sencha Forum, and the result is that Project Inspector shows nothing. If I create a new project using a template the creation process never finishes...

If I try to create a new blank project targeting ExtJS 5.1 after having created a new blank project targeting ExtJS 6.0, two "applications" are loaded in Project Inspector (see image below)...

If after that I try to create a new blank project targeting ExtJS 6.0, Sencha crashes...

Any tips what is happening and how to solve it?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
jmclimaco

petr.vecera
15 Mar 2017, 2:26 PM
Hi

Please try to delete this folder:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0\extracted

Than start SA, and try to create just Ext60 blank project. Also please try to create other blank projects like ext62, modern62 etc to see if you are getting the same error.

Thank you

jmclimaco
16 Mar 2017, 2:57 AM
Hi,

Before I deleted «extracted» folder this was its content...

I never had issues creating projects with ExtJS 6.2 Classic...
After doing your procedure the issue remained using ExtJS 6.0 Classic and for ExtJS 6.2 it took some time to create a blank project but it worked for both ext62 and modern62... Also I tried to create a blank project for modern60 and worked! I noticed that Sencha created again the «extracted» folder with the following content...

Summing up... issues using ext60 remains...

Best Regards,
jmclimaco

petr.vecera
16 Mar 2017, 4:23 AM
Recreation of that folder is correct. When you open framework project for the first time these folders are created.

So to sum this up:
- When you open New Ext60 blank project you will get an error.
- Other frameworks are fine.

Do you have any custom extensions / components? They should be located in Documents/Architect/Extensions ... there is known issue that when you have invalid extension it can crash SA, the extension is specific for frameworks so it could explain why this is only happening for Ext60 classic.

Next, how did you get SA 4.1.2 ? Did you do auto-update ? I would try to download installer and install it into some new folder.
Please delete thes folders if they exists:
C:\Users\Petr\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0\Updates
C:\Users\Petr\AppData\Local\Sencha\Architect updates

^^ deleting these folders should ensure that the SA is started from the new location.

With the clean install, you should not be getting that error in ext-60 classic only on creating new blank project.

Let me know if anything helped.

jmclimaco
16 Mar 2017, 9:09 AM
So to sum this up:
- When you open New Ext60 blank project you will get an error.
- Other frameworks are fine.

Yes!

Do you have any custom extensions / components? They should be located in Documents/Architect/Extensions ... there is known issue that when you have invalid extension it can crash SA, the extension is specific for frameworks so it could explain why this is only happening for Ext60 classic.

No extensions... I don't have any «Architect» folder inside C:\Users\<username>\Documents\

Next, how did you get SA 4.1.2 ? Did you do auto-update ?

I downloaded the installer and installed it in the same location as 4.1.0 (my previous version).

I would try to download installer and install it into some new folder.
Please delete thes folders if they exists:
C:\Users\Petr\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0\Updates
C:\Users\Petr\AppData\Local\Sencha\Architect updates

^^ deleting these folders should ensure that the SA is started from the new location.

With the clean install, you should not be getting that error in ext-60 classic only on creating new blank project.

I didn't have that folders but I did a new installation in a new location and the issue remains equal.

Best Regards,
jmclimaco

petr.vecera
16 Mar 2017, 2:16 PM
:-? Can you try to disconnect from internet and than start SA and create new project ext60 ? After creation you can reconnect again.

jmclimaco
17 Mar 2017, 8:42 AM
It's not possible to simply disconnect from Internet cause I'm working on a remote shared server...

Do you have another suggestion?

Best Regards,
jmclimaco

petr.vecera
17 Mar 2017, 12:18 PM
I am sorry I am running out of ideas what could be wrong with your set-up. The only fast solution which would work is to run SA in virtual environment. You can download virtual box for free https://www.virtualbox.org/ and you can download already installed and prepared Windows machine from https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/ , the only thing you need to install there is Java + SA and put there your project and perhaps upgrade it to ext62 and than go back to your environment.

abuisson
19 Apr 2017, 1:43 AM
Hi, I had same issue: I couldn't open or create Ext JS 6.0.x Classic projects.

For unknown reasons, I tried to create a new project and select Component Overview. After one moment it manage to open it. Also folder ext60-compile and file ext60-compile.json were created in <user profile>\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0\extracted
Now I'm able to re-open my 6.0 projects.

Regards, Alexandre