PDA

View Full Version : Unable to start Architect after letting it upgrade itself yesterday

marc.fearby
16 Jan 2017, 1:13 PM
Here is the error that I get:

I'm using Windows 10 64-bit. I need to work on an app rather soon so if this can't be resolved, can I download the penultimate release somewhere?

By the way, after it upgraded itself yesterday, it successfully opened and started the usual screen asking you which project to open, but I never got around to opening the project, so I just closed it. Today, when I start my computer and try to double-click on Architect, I get this error.

marc.fearby
16 Jan 2017, 1:18 PM
I decided to browse to the executable and got the same error, but if I right-click and run as administrator, it opens fine (although it seemed a bit slow to open the project itself). Here's the path to my EXE:

C:\Program Files\Sencha\Architect4\SenchaArchitect.exe

petr.vecera
16 Jan 2017, 3:05 PM
Try to launch it using using SenchaArchitect.exe located in C:\Program Files\Sencha\Architect4\runtimes\4.x.x\SenchaArchitect.exe

OR download the installer from the support portal and install it manually.

If the issue on start persists, please check and delete any folders named "update" in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0 or in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Sencha

marc.fearby
17 Jan 2017, 6:20 PM
It behaved nicely today, so who knows what was going on yesterday.

Move along, nothing to see here :-)