PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] crash during project upgrade from 4.0 -> 4.1

nyao
18 Dec 2016, 3:31 AM
right after I start project upgrade, Architect throws and error and seems to do nothing.
the error text is:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getCfgValue' of null

Sencha Cmd itself does succeed at upgrading the project structure without any issues.

If I substitute the sencha cmd version with the latest in .xds file, I get past this error only to encounter more errors:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'refreshRequiredPackages' of null

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getCfgValueOrDefault' of undefined

How can I troubleshoot this further ? I had no problems with this project in 4.0.

Thanks.

petr.vecera
18 Dec 2016, 10:18 AM
Hello

Thank you for your feedback. We are aware of this issue and we are investigating the cause.

Backup archive of your project has been created. If you need to downgrade your SA version. All you need is to delete this folder:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0\updates\4.1.0.91

Regards
Petr

petr.vecera
19 Dec 2016, 5:08 AM
You can follow these steps to get your project working https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?333519-Failed-upgrade-from-4-0-to-4-1&p=1168527&viewfull=1#post1168527

nyao
21 Dec 2016, 12:50 AM
@petr.vecera
Thank you for providing the solution.
I've removed the applied theme from the project and upgraded it successfully. Unfortunately most of the project went missing from the project inspector and no errors were thrown. I'm reverting to using the older Architect version until I have the time to troubleshoot this further.

mlmcconnell
2 Jan 2017, 1:22 PM
Is there any update with respect to this Architect bug? Some of my projects update from 4.0 to 4.1 just fine, but I have a couple where I'm also getting the 'Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getCfgValue' of null'. None of the suggested workarounds I've tried have been successful. I've had to restore backups of those projects and revert back to SA version 4.0 on another machine. Speaking of which, is it possible to run SA 4.0 and 4.1 on the same system? The folder structure suggests not.

Thanks,
M. McConnell

petr.vecera
2 Jan 2017, 1:32 PM
This bug is already fixed. The patch 4.1.1 should be released soon.

As for SA version, you can have multiple SA installed. But you can't use auto-updater in this case.

If you used auto-update.Delete folder Updates in folder C:\Users\Petr\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0

Download clean installer 4.0.2 and 4.1 from support portal. In the installer just select another folder:
C:\Program Files\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0.2
and
C:\Program Files\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.1.0

The only drawn back will be that when you open 4.0.2 and than you open 4.1 or the other way there might be little delay on the start because these two versions shares the same \extracted folder in C:\Users\Petr\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0\extracted and if SA detects different version there it will recreated the folder.

mlmcconnell
2 Jan 2017, 1:36 PM
Perfect. Thanks for your quick response. And for the additional information on multiple version installations. I'll just continue to run the older version in a VM. If the 4.1.1 patch works, I won't need it anyway. Many thanks and Happy New Year.

M. McConnell

3 Jan 2017, 3:58 AM
Another error from "Cmd Output" panel:
[ERR] Cannot satisfy requirements for "ext621"!
[ERR] The following versions cannot be satisfied:
[ERR] root: [email protected] (No matches!)

Luca

Version:4.1.0.91
Channel:4.1-stable
Platform:1.2.8.3 - darwin x64
Renderer:51.0.2704.106
Cmd:6.2.1.29
Framework:Ext JS 6.2.x Modern

petr.vecera
3 Jan 2017, 4:02 AM
Another error from "Cmd Output" panel:
[ERR] Cannot satisfy requirements for "ext621"!
[ERR] The following versions cannot be satisfied:
[ERR] root: [email protected] (No matches!)

Luca

Version:4.1.0.91
Channel:4.1-stable
Platform:1.2.8.3 - darwin x64
Renderer:51.0.2704.106
Cmd:6.2.1.29
Framework:Ext JS 6.2.x Modern

Do you have /ext folder in your project? Go to project settings Framework -> Build Tools -> Click on Disable , save ... wait and than click back on enable.

This will remove the /ext and Cmd from your project and add it back again. But if you did any changes to the Cmd related files on your own (for example app.json) make sure to back them up.

mlmcconnell
11 Jan 2017, 6:42 PM
FYI....I have installed Sencha Architect 4.1.1 and the problem is resolved. The project loads, builds and runs with no errors.

Thank You,
M. McConnell