PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Problem upgrading to 4.1.0.91

faireu
16 Dec 2016, 1:37 AM
I got the same problem on two different machines, both with Windows 7 64 bit.

After a while the upgrade failed with the following error:

ERROR CODE : 7
Update error: Updater doesn't have provileges to update files. Pleas run Sencha Architect as administrator.
ION

I relaunched Architect as admin but the upgrade did not restart since, looking at the "about" info it was already at ver. 4.1.0.91.

My projects seem OK but I'm wondering if something may be missing or not aligned.

Thanks,

Dario

petr.vecera
16 Dec 2016, 4:03 AM
Thanks for the report.

You about window should say:
Version: 4.1.0.91
Channel: 4.1-stable
Platform: 1.2.8.3 - win32 x64
Renderer: 51.0.2704.106

You installation was probably updated only partially. Logged in our system as DSGNR-7519 - we will fix it and the second part of auto-update will be triggered in the upcoming days for you.

In this case this should not affect your SA experience in any significant way. So you can use the SA without any worries as it is now.

If you would like to trigger the update again. Delete this folder:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0\updates\4.1.0.91

And your SA will start with version 4.0.2 and the update process will be shown to you again. (don't forget to run as admin)

Regrads
Petr

faireu
16 Dec 2016, 4:25 AM
Hi Petr,

I removed the updates\4.1.0.91 folder and restarted SA as admin.

This time the upgrade completed without errors but with a minor problem:

Just before the above steps I used the new "Manage Frameworks" feature to remove unused framework (4.x and 5.x) but the upgrade process reinstalled them and I had to remove them again.

One more point, in order to save disk space, may I remove the old updates/4.0.2.209 folder ?

Thanks,

Dario

petr.vecera
16 Dec 2016, 4:32 AM
Thanks for the info. We will look into that.

In order to save the space you can delete the folder updates/4.0.2.209 - but keep in mind that you will be not able to simply "rollback" the version if you needed. You would need to download the 4.0.2 installer again - if you need that in any case.

Also in order to save the space you can delete this folder:
C:\Program Files\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0.2-GA\assets

Also Windows does not clean the temp folder automatically for the users. SA often uses it. You can search google for any tutorials how to do that on your system. Or I personally use free version of CClenaer https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download