PDA

View Full Version : Failed upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1

tRi11
15 Dec 2016, 10:23 AM
After upgrading an old Architect project (from an archive, I foolishly neglected to backup myself, so the automatic archive saved me). I get the following errors:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'refreshRequiredPackages' of null

Followed by (after clicking ignore):

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getCfgValueOrDefault' of undefined

All views, stores, models etc. are missing. I can open the archived project in the older version of Architect and re-save it, however 4.1 doesn't offer to upgrade this, it just alerts me to the fact it is the wrong version (the views, stores, models etc. are again all missing).

petr.vecera
15 Dec 2016, 11:01 AM
Hello

Thanks for the report. I am sorry for the troubles.

Could you please share the content of this file with us?
projecfolder/metadata/resource/Library

If you have any confidential info there you can send me private message here on the forums.

Thank you
Petr

tRi11
16 Dec 2016, 2:14 AM
Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I have copied the contents of the Library file below:

{
"type": "libraryresource",
"reference": {
"name": "items",
"type": "array"
},
"codeClass": null,
"userConfig": {
"basePath": "ext/",
"designer|userClassName": "Library",
"theme": "MyCrispTheme"
},
"name": "Library",
"designerId": "b2605160-d7b3-44f0-a669-99fe2613d8cd"
}

Paul

petr.vecera
16 Dec 2016, 4:17 AM
Thanks for the info. The file seems to be OK.

It has to be something which is only your project specific. We have never encountered such error in the upgrade process.

Do you think you could share your project with us? If you are not allowed to share the project, do you think you could modify the project so there are no company related information (delete most of the views / any data) shrink the project to the state where the issue is still reproducible?

It would really help us determine the problem and maybe we could give you a temporary workaround before the release of the fix.

You can share the project:
- Here on the forums
- Send to [email protected] (link to this thread please)
- If the project file is big and you don't have any file sharing service, you can upload the project here https://www.dropbox.com/request/h2NgfBRjGX9eGI2bqMhR

Thank you very much
Petr

tRi11
16 Dec 2016, 4:53 AM
Hi, I've emailed the project to [email protected] Thanks, Paul

petr.vecera
19 Dec 2016, 5:01 AM
Hi Paul

The solution to get your project working is:

1# Open your project folder \metadata\resource

You will see files like this:

Library
MyAriaTheme
MyCrispTheme
MyNeptuneTheme
MyTritonTheme

2# Open your project folder \packages\local , you will see these folders:

theme-crisp-064cb476-e9a0-4875-b10f-35d24f5c5e61
theme-triton-7b0f7e56-1c2e-4acd-95fe-1776fc953b0c

3# From the folder \metadata\resource delete any files which doesn't have folder in \packages\local

This will actually delete the theme from the SA project! Make sure that you do not need this theme.

If you would like to get this working without deleting any themes -> Open your project in 4.0.2 , select the themes which doesn't have folder under packages. Click on Apply theme -> save the project. This will generate the theme package. Do this for all the themes which doesn't have the package folder.

tRi11
19 Dec 2016, 9:09 AM
Thanks, that fixed it.

mplezbert
20 Dec 2016, 12:57 PM
I have the same problem, but Apply theme is not available as it is already applied.

I tried applying a different theme and saving the project (and then switching back and doing the same) but it did not generate anything under the packages folder. Any other ideas on how I can save my theme?

petr.vecera
20 Dec 2016, 1:35 PM
I have the same problem, but Apply theme is not available as it is already applied.

I tried applying a different theme and saving the project (and then switching back and doing the same) but it did not generate anything under the packages folder. Any other ideas on how I can save my theme?
Are you using Sencha Cmd with your project? (build tools inside SA)
Which framework is your project using?

Are you sure you don't have any folder in the projectFolder/packages/local ?

mplezbert
21 Dec 2016, 7:56 AM
Yes, we are using Sencha Cmd.

We've been using ext 6.2.0 (and cmd 6.2.0) and are trying to upgrade to 6.2.1.

There is nothing in packages/local. There are some preview-theme-*.css files in [project]/resources.

We went ahead and got it to work by deleting the files in metadata/resources and reapplied the theme after the upgrade. (Still nothing in packages/local after that, though there are now two preview-theme-*.css files in resources.)