PDA

View Full Version : Themer for upgraded project

Ruediger.Brand
9 Dec 2016, 1:06 AM
Hi,

I would like to test the themer, but if I choose my theme directory I got an error

cannot read proeprty 'save' of undefined - see screenshot

It is a project which is upgraded from Ext JS 4

Regards

Rüdiger

Kevin Jackson
14 Dec 2016, 2:12 PM
Hi Rüdiger

Can you give me a bit more information? What version of Themer are you using? What are the exact steps? Can you create a theme and use it? I'll see if I can assist.

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team

Ruediger.Brand
16 Dec 2016, 4:41 AM
Hi Rüdiger

Can you give me a bit more information? What version of Themer are you using? What are the exact steps? Can you create a theme and use it? I'll see if I can assist.

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team

Hi Kevin,

attached you will find the error log

I use 1.0.2.132

Steps:
create new theme for an app !

Rüdiger

Kevin Jackson
16 Dec 2016, 8:50 AM
That's not helping much. Is it a new theme? Are you creating it attached to a workspace or application? What theme are you extending? I'll try to recreate it on my end but I need to know your exact steps to duplicate it. I haven't seen this error and I don't see it reported. You may want to step through the videos (link in top right corner of themer) At least that way we know we will have taken the same steps to where you are seeing the issue.

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team

Ruediger.Brand
20 Dec 2016, 12:38 AM
That's not helping much. Is it a new theme? Are you creating it attached to a workspace or application? What theme are you extending? I'll try to recreate it on my end but I need to know your exact steps to duplicate it. I haven't seen this error and I don't see it reported. You may want to step through the videos (link in top right corner of themer) At least that way we know we will have taken the same steps to where you are seeing the issue.

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team

Sorry Kevin - this is an error log of your application, this should help you

I have send you the Version and what I do is to open an theme, which I generated before with cmd - nothing else !

There is maybe something with the Installation I also cannot a create a theme - get the same error !

Regards

Rüdiger

Ruediger.Brand
21 Dec 2016, 12:11 AM
Sorry Kevin - this is an error log of your application, this should help you

I have send you the Version and what I do is to open an theme, which I generated before with cmd - nothing else !

There is maybe something with the Installation I also cannot a create a theme - get the same error !

Regards

Rüdiger

Hi Kevin,

maybe one question are Special Environment variables necessary for the use of themer ?

I recognized, that the error also is there if I want to create a new theme - but the Combo with the themes for decision isn't active ?!

Rüdiger

Kevin Jackson
21 Dec 2016, 7:33 AM
Rüdiger

Sorry for the frustration. Cmd does add some Path variables. Realize it's frustrating but trying to track down when and how things are going wrong.

What platform are you on?
If you go to a Cmd prompt and type sencha which --- which version of Cmd is displayed.

Can you create a plain starter app with Cmd and point to that in Sencha Themer?

Is it possible to do a Zing screencast of the steps so I can see them? I don't see any reports of what you are seeing and haven't seen this issue so I am trying to track it down.

Have you gone through the video? perhaps there is a step you are missing?

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team

Ruediger.Brand
21 Dec 2016, 8:02 AM
Rüdiger

Sorry for the frustration. Cmd does add some Path variables. Realize it's frustrating but trying to track down when and how things are going wrong.

What platform are you on?
If you go to a Cmd prompt and type sencha which --- which version of Cmd is displayed.

Can you create a plain starter app with Cmd and point to that in Sencha Themer?

Is it possible to do a Zing screencast of the steps so I can see them? I don't see any reports of what you are seeing and haven't seen this issue so I am trying to track it down.

Have you gone through the video? perhaps there is a step you are missing?

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team

Hi Kevin,

my answers:

Plattform: Windows 7

CMD prompt:
C:\Users\bma>sencha which
Sencha Cmd v6.2.1.29
D:/sencha/Cmd/6.2.1.29/

Next two questions:
yes I can create a starter app - but I couldn't Point to that with themer.

I got the error if i would like to open the theme or create a new theme.

Video doesn't help because I'm at the first step and got the error!

The only Thing I can do with themer is the Setting of the preferences.

Rüdiger

C:\Users\bma>

Kevin Jackson
21 Dec 2016, 8:06 AM
I'll see if there is anything I am not aware of on Windows 7 and get back to you

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team

Kevin Jackson
21 Dec 2016, 12:32 PM
I installed everything fresh on a Windows55683
7 VM - new sdk, Cmd and Themer. I tried the following to keep it as simple as possible. In app or workspace dialogue I chose an empty folder. In Sencha SDK I pointed to the sdk I had downloaded and unzipped. In the base theme, I chose Triton.

it worked fine for me. I have used it many times on the two platforms and have not seen the issue and don't see it reported. Any chance you can do a clean install of Sencha Themer, in case there was an issue on your initial install? Perhaps permissions on your machine or a clean copy of Cmd?

Not sure what else to try. I checked with the Themer engineers too and they had not seen this reported.

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team

Ruediger.Brand
21 Dec 2016, 11:31 PM
Hi Kevin,

thank you for the help - but I see that your Screen is different from the Screen I had !!! I have no Combo for choosing the SDK.
So the error message could be explained !!

But why does the Combo disappear ?

I have to check this after Christmas Holiday !!!

Rüdiger

dan.buhrman
24 Dec 2016, 7:30 AM
The SDK selection will show up if you select an empty folder for 'App or Workspace'. (In which case the SDK needs to be selected to generate a workspace). If you select an existing workspace or app to create the theme in, the SDK is already known.

Ruediger.Brand
9 Jan 2017, 2:28 AM
I installed everything fresh on a Windows55683
7 VM - new sdk, Cmd and Themer. I tried the following to keep it as simple as possible. In app or workspace dialogue I chose an empty folder. In Sencha SDK I pointed to the sdk I had downloaded and unzipped. In the base theme, I chose Triton.

it worked fine for me. I have used it many times on the two platforms and have not seen the issue and don't see it reported. Any chance you can do a clean install of Sencha Themer, in case there was an issue on your initial install? Perhaps permissions on your machine or a clean copy of Cmd?

Not sure what else to try. I checked with the Themer engineers too and they had not seen this reported.

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team

Hello Kevin,

attached you will find my themer1.jpg - there is no choice of sdk. I have the Version 1.0.2.132.

Rüdiger

Ruediger.Brand
9 Jan 2017, 4:12 AM
Hello Kevin,

attached you will find my themer1.jpg - there is no choice of sdk. I have the Version 1.0.2.132.

Rüdiger

Hi Kevin,

I have uninstalled and installed again (download from our account 1.0.2.132) - some behaviour !

Is there a problem with Windows 64 bit ?!

--> when I want to create a new theme I can't select a base theme, so that the button "create theme" will never be active !

Could there be a problem with the Installation of sencha cmd - since I have two installations !

I can't select the sdk anywhere ?

Rüdiger

Kevin Jackson
9 Jan 2017, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the update. I will see if I see any reports on 64 bit and see if I can come up with any ideas. If you type sencha which at a cmd prompt is it showing correctly? Could you explain what you mean by, "I have two installations"?

Kevin Jackson

Ruediger.Brand
9 Jan 2017, 11:48 PM
Hi Kevin,

sencha which delivers : Sencha Cmd v6.2.1.29 in Directory d:/sencha/cmd/6.2.1.29 which is correct.

Two Installations means that I have also sencha cmd 6.2.0.103 installed in a different Directory and in the path there is also d:\sencha\Cmd but there is the exe of 6.2.1.19

Kevin Jackson
10 Jan 2017, 9:39 AM
Still looking into this. Can't get it to fail on my side and see no reports. I have 32-bit installs on the VM but haven't been able to duplicate yet. Trying to put together a Jing screencast for you.

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team

Kevin Jackson
10 Jan 2017, 3:06 PM
Been working with the Engineer on this to see if we can figure out where the error might be coming from. He said he would try to find the time to reach out to you and see if he can track it down. You are the only report we have of the issue so not sure what it might be. Sorry for the difficulties.

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team

Ruediger.Brand
11 Jan 2017, 12:15 AM
Been working with the Engineer on this to see if we can figure out where the error might be coming from. He said he would try to find the time to reach out to you and see if he can track it down. You are the only report we have of the issue so not sure what it might be. Sorry for the difficulties.

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team

Hi Kevin,

the behaviour is really dissatisfying. today I started the themer again and now I got an error message "An unknown error occured when attempting to Close the theme" when I would like to create a new theme ?!

I have send you an error message in the log-file - what does the engineer say to this

[2017-01-09 13:13:35.095] [ERROR] [default] - Cannot set property 'path' of undefined TypeError: Cannot set property 'path' of undefined
at router.get (D:\sencha\Themer\resources\app.asar\themer\controllers\themes.js:88:20)
at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (D:\sencha\Themer\resources\app.asar\node_modules\express\lib\router\layer.js:95:5)
at next (D:\sencha\Themer\resources\app.asar\node_modules\express\lib\router\route.js:131:13)
at Route.dispatch (D:\sencha\Themer\resources\app.asar\node_modules\express\lib\router\route.js:112:3)
at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (D:\sencha\Themer\resources\app.asar\node_modules\express\lib\router\layer.js:95:5)
at D:\sencha\Themer\resources\app.asar\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:277:22
at Function.process_params (D:\sencha\Themer\resources\app.asar\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:330:12)
at next (D:\sencha\Themer\resources\app.asar\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:271:10)
at Function.handle (D:\sencha\Themer\resources\app.asar\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:176:3)
at router (D:\sencha\Themer\resources\app.asar\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:46:12)

Rüdiger

Kevin Jackson
11 Jan 2017, 5:22 AM
He's watching this thread. One thought he had was that if your folder structure was in German that perhaps that may be confusing it but that doesn't seem to be the case. I am on a project for the next two weeks but I will try to monitor this for responses. You may want to submit a support ticket on this if I am correct and you have support credits.

The difficulty we are having is that we see no reports of this and haven't been able to duplicate the issue on our side.

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team

Kevin Jackson
11 Jan 2017, 5:23 AM
He's watching this thread. One thought he had was that if your folder structure was in German that perhaps that may be confusing it but that doesn't seem to be the case. I am on a project for the next two weeks but I will try to monitor this for responses. You may want to submit a support ticket on this if I am correct and you have support credits.

The difficulty we are having is that we see no reports of this and haven't been able to duplicate the issue on our side.

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team

Kevin Jackson

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team

Kevin Jackson

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team

Kevin Jackson

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team

Kevin Jackson
11 Jan 2017, 5:24 AM

Kevin Jackson
Sencha Support Team