PDA

View Full Version : Create tabpanel ui in Themer

mharris45
14 Nov 2016, 9:45 PM
In our current theme, we use a secondary ui for specific tabpanels. We are trying to recreate our theme in themer for easier maintenance. With that said, it doesn't seem that you can create a ui for tabpanels yet. I tried placing my own sass in classic/Ext/tab/Panel.scss, but it causes Themer to not open the theme correctly.

Any idea how I can accomplish this?

dan.buhrman
15 Nov 2016, 12:28 PM
Can you describe how Themer is failing to open the theme?

It should be perfectly acceptable to use your own SCSS files and code in the theme, however, all the typical Cmd/style guidelines apply to those files (correct location, naming conventions, and configurations). This would be the appropriate shorter term workaround.

In the longer term, we will be expanding our UIs support in future releases of Themer.

mharris45
15 Nov 2016, 7:07 PM
The right-hand side menu for each component in the Themer says "No options available for this component". No matter what I select, there are no editable options displayed.

mharris45
15 Nov 2016, 7:34 PM
With that said is the Ext/save location the appropriate location for me to be placing this?

dan.buhrman
16 Nov 2016, 7:58 AM
Ok, it sounds like Fashion is throwing an error on startup, which I would guess is Fashion having trouble parsing you custom mixin definition in the save path.

Try putting your mixin definition in [theme_dir]/classic/sass/src/Ext/tab/Panel.scss instead and see if that resolves the issue.

mharris45
16 Nov 2016, 8:06 AM
Hmm...no dice. I just tried pulling in the Main.scss file (for navigation ui) and named it tab/Panel.scss. No other modifications and it fails.