PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] Fails to find 6.2 CMD and still complains when given exectuable

IvanJ
14 Nov 2016, 2:26 PM
No Help->About menu so I could report to you the version that I am having issues with? Download said 1.1.0-EA-windows

I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64, with Sencha CMD 6.2 installed. Themer complains saying it can't find it, and even when I give it path all the way down to the executable, it's still complaining that it cannot find it, essentially preventing me from using the application:

Please advise.

P.S. doubt it's related, but when I try to check for updates, I get "An error occurred while attempting to connect to the update server. Please try again later."

P.S.S. Running Sencha Themer as administrator has no effect on this

dan.buhrman
14 Nov 2016, 4:54 PM
Hi Ivan,

Thank you for reporting this bug, I'm guessing it's an issue with Windows command-line conventions that we didn't catch.

As a workaround, try editing the text in the box, removing the `c:` portion, so it looks like `\Users\...\sencha.exe`. The value in the text box is used on the command-line when interacting with Cmd.

Additionally, you should be able to add Cmd to your Windows path, which should also resolve the issue. Right-click 'My Computer' -> Properties -> Advanced -> Environment Variables -> PATH. Append: `;C:\Users\Ivan Jouikov\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.2.0.103\` to the end of it (make sure not to remove anything else, directories are ; delimited). Afterwards, restart Themer to confirm.

dan.buhrman
14 Nov 2016, 5:14 PM
It looks like it was actually the space in the path that threw it off. You can surround the value in the text box in quotes, and it will get you past that screen.

IvanJ
5 Jan 2017, 11:20 AM
Double quotes worked; thank you!

ssamayoa
18 Jan 2017, 7:44 PM
Gosh! I just installed and had the same problem! Perhaps themer is not so popular?

petr.vecera
25 Jan 2017, 10:16 AM
Gosh! I just installed and had the same problem! Perhaps themer is not so popular?
More like spaces in Windows username are not very common.