PDA

View Full Version : The components or mixins I want is not included in the Add UI list

sbachman
9 Sep 2016, 8:03 AM
The starter app includes a UI named 'Navigation'.
I wanted to pull that UI out of the app and put it into Themer.
It does not seem that that is yet possible.
At least until Tab or Tab-Panel is included on the list of available mixins/components when adding a UI in Themer.

Further, the 'Navigation' UI includes Bar as well as Tab components.
It does not appear that Themer currently supports creating UI's that leverage multiple mixins/components.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Mark.Brocato
9 Sep 2016, 11:28 AM
The navigation ui isn't part of the framework, rather it's generated by cmd when creating the starter app. You can find it in sass/src/view/main/Main.scss. That said, there isn't really a way to pull it into themer.

We're actively working on expanding the list of components for which you can create UIs. That is a priority for the 1.1.0 release.

Regarding UIs that affect multiple components. We're still discussing how to handle that. At a minimum you'll be able to create a TabPanel UI and a Bar UI with the same name so that when applied to a TabPanel, the UI for the Bar will automatically be applied. We're also considering grouping the styles for highly coupled components into a single UI where appropriate as well.