PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] (ExtJS 6 Modern) The Menu Component

warius
5 Aug 2016, 12:50 PM
Hi everyone, I'm trying the Architect 4.0 EA and working with ExtJS 6 Modern for the first time, so sorry if this sounds like a super newbie question.

The Menu component in the toolbox states that it's to be used with Ext.Viewport, however the Viewport component isn't available using Modern, and from what I've seen the Menu component can't really be used / attached to anything.

Do you guys have a working (Architect) example using the Menu component or a general guideline as to how to implement it? Thanks in advance!

petr.vecera
9 Aug 2016, 5:01 AM
Hi

Thanks for the report. This seems to be a bug in Modern, reported as DSGNR-7111.

Regards
Petr

tRi11
1 Nov 2016, 8:40 AM
Any news on this? Has this been fixed? Are there any examples on how to add menus for modern apps?

petr.felzmann
10 Nov 2016, 4:30 AM
You can use menu in imperative way: code it e.g. to application launch method, see the screenshot:

darkorigins
13 Jan 2017, 9:37 AM
Hi,

Unless I'm missing something this still seems to be the case in SA 4.1.1.123 ... There seems to be no way to place an Ext.menu component using the SA interface.

Mark

petr.vecera
13 Jan 2017, 9:46 AM
Yes, the Menu component can't be used simply from the toolbox yet, but you can easily create menu by writing the code in the launch function.

darkorigins
13 Jan 2017, 9:49 AM
Thanks for the swift response Petr, was just double checking as you originally said "... should be fixed in the GA" :-)

Regards, Mark

petr.vecera
13 Jan 2017, 9:53 AM
I see. Sorry for the confusion. I have removed the mention. It was originally planned to be fixed but it turn out that it includes problems which are not trivial.

You can always read full change-log on the docs page http://docs.sencha.com/architect/4.1/guides/reference/change_log.html

Regards
Petr

darkorigins
13 Jan 2017, 10:00 AM
Hi Petr

I can see that there is no mention of it in the change log, so can presume that it's not fixed. Is there a public interface to the bug tracker so I could have checked the status of DSGNR-7111. I can't find it if there is one.

Equally if it's an accepted and known bug awaiting fixing should it not have been in the "known issues" on the change-log?

Regards, Mark

petr.vecera
16 Jan 2017, 3:12 PM
There is no public interface for the bugs. The ticket number is mentioned for our internal purposes so we can quickly find the related tasks.

I have moved this thread to the SA bugs forum and linked it with the Jira ticket so you can see the ticket status in the thread header.