PDA

View Full Version : Visual Studio 2015 Pro crashes with Sencha Visual Studio Plugin 6.0.3

santos.bravo
13 Apr 2016, 1:12 PM
I create a new project Application and Web API with vsp 6.0.3,

The project is created, but when i rebuild or publish, visual estudio stop working.

I formatted my pc, and reinstal all and the problem persists.

:s

santos.bravo
13 Apr 2016, 6:08 PM
By Now, i solve the problem using

Nightly Builds

vsp 6.0.4.457.

I hope the final release not back to the problem; should have a option to prevent automatically updates, vsp 6.0.2 workfine whit my production projects, but the 6.0.3 It has been a disaster for me.

mirekgrela
14 Apr 2016, 5:47 AM
It is known bug, which was already fixed in nightly build. Fix will be included also in next release. Apart from using nigtly build, there is also another workaround: remove all ext examples from your application, located on: Sencha\ext\examples.

gordonhutchens
15 Apr 2016, 6:11 AM
I noticed that there is a .wpp.targets file created that MSBuild then uses to build every configuration you have listed in Visual Studio instead of just the one that you are trying to publish. I could not file publish or web deploy with Visual Studio while the plugin was installed. I uninstalled the 6.0.3 version of the plugin and I was able to publish just fine. I also was able to publish with 6.0.2 version. Version 6.0.4.457 did not work for me. I also had issues with it. I am currently leaving the plugin uninstalled.

mirekgrela
17 Apr 2016, 11:54 PM
gordonhutchens, can you please specify what issues do you have with version 6.0.4.457? And can you post content of your wpp.targets file?

gordonhutchens
18 Apr 2016, 5:34 AM
The content of the .app.targets file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Project xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" ToolsVersion="4.0" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">
<ItemGroup>
<ExcludeFromPackageFolders Include="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Development\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha" />
<ExcludeFromPackageFolders Include="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha" />
<ExcludeFromPackageFolders Include="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha" />
<ExcludeFromPackageFolders Include="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\UAT\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha" />
<ExcludeFromPackageFolders Include="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\Sencha" />
</ItemGroup>
<PropertyGroup>
<PipelineDependsOn>
CustomBeforePublish;
$(PipelineDependsOn);
</PipelineDependsOn>
</PropertyGroup>
<PropertyGroup>
<CopyAllFilesToSingleFolderForPackageDependsOn>
CustomCollectFiles;
$(CopyAllFilesToSingleFolderForPackageDependsOn);
</CopyAllFilesToSingleFolderForPackageDependsOn>
<CopyAllFilesToSingleFolderForMsdeployDependsOn>
CustomCollectFiles;
$(CopyAllFilesToSingleFolderForPackageDependsOn);
</CopyAllFilesToSingleFolderForMsdeployDependsOn>
</PropertyGroup>
<Target Name="CustomCollectFiles">
<ItemGroup>
<_CustomFiles Include="obj\Development\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\build\production\**\*;obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\build\production\**\*;obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\build\production\**\*;obj\UAT\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\build\production\**\*;Sencha\build\production\**\*" />
<FilesForPackagingFromProject Include="%(_CustomFiles.Identity)">
<DestinationRelativePath>%(RecursiveDir)%(Filename)%(Extension)</DestinationRelativePath>
</FilesForPackagingFromProject>
</ItemGroup>
</Target>
<Target Name="CustomBeforePublish">
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Development\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\BrowseGenerate">
<Output TaskParameter="ConsoleOutput" PropertyName="OutputOfExec" />
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Development\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\DataDictionary">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Development\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\ModelBuilder">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Development\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\Registration">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Development\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\Validate">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\BrowseGenerate">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\DataDictionary">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\ModelBuilder">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\Registration">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\Validate">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\BrowseGenerate">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\DataDictionary">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\ModelBuilder">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\Registration">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\Validate">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\UAT\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\BrowseGenerate">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\UAT\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\DataDictionary">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\UAT\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\ModelBuilder">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\UAT\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\Registration">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj\UAT\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\apps\Validate">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\Sencha\apps\BrowseGenerate">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\Sencha\apps\DataDictionary">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\Sencha\apps\ModelBuilder">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\Sencha\apps\Registration">
</Exec>
<Exec Command="C:\Users\Dave\bin\Sencha\Cmd\6.1.1.76\sencha.exe app build" ConsoleToMSBuild="true" WorkingDirectory="D:\Documents\Work\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\Sencha\apps\Validate">
</Exec>
</Target>
</Project>

When I try to do a file publish, I get this error. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.targets(2998,5): Error : Copying file obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\build\production\BrowseGenerate\app.js to obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\BrowseGenerate\app.js failed. Could not find file 'obj\Production\Package\PackageTmp\Sencha\build\production\BrowseGenerate\app.js'.

mirekgrela
20 Apr 2016, 3:58 AM
It seems that there is some old stuff in SDSFIEMvc5CSHTML\obj directory. Can you delete content of obj directory and then try publish once more (right click on project name, then select publish)?

gordonhutchens
20 Apr 2016, 8:40 AM
I deleted all items in the obj folder and I was able to publish to file system.

8 Jun 2016, 6:04 PM
Still random crashing going on with 6.0.4.467... I suspect it is the TERN program. I would suggest finding an alternative to generating intellisense as this program is a resource hog and makes VS unstable. Once I disable the Sencha plugin, VS becomes fast and stable. I am forced to run Sencha Cmd app watch outside of VS but that's a good trade considering the instability of the plugin.

Hoping this gets resolved for .NET-built API developers like our shop.

ThomasPax
28 Jul 2016, 6:38 AM
I down loaded and installed the VS 2015 Extension yesterday "July 27". First time I tried to rebuild my project, VS locked up. I rebooted my machine and tried again. Same issue. So I uninstalled it. Project Built fine as usual. I imagine my 30 day "trial" will expire without me being able to see what it can do.

28 Jul 2016, 7:00 AM
I haven't tried since the latest update sent out via Nuget.

What I and my team do currently is leave it disabled in VS. Run Cmd outside of VS. Once it's time to publish our website, we enable the plugin and publish the site. The plugin automatically builds a production version of sencha code and places it in the root of the published zip result. The next step for my team is to automate this without needing the plugin at all. It's a shame because I love that they're trying to support VS, but it seems like there's got to be a better way.

Also, we exclude all folders that aren't necessary (e.g. /Ext, and /build) from the project. This keeps VS from attempting to parse the JS of 41k files and blowing up.

Sencha, please exclude these folders when building new Sencha app projects.

So again, what we do...

Create a standard web API project via VS.
Add a sencha sub-folder.
Run Cmd to build a app in that sub-folder
Set Sencha index.html to our startup.
F5 to build website and, Run Cmd app watch in a command-line window outside of VS.
Work on code as needed.

Time to publish, we enable the VS Sencha Plugin
Load the project, publish the web project, and then disable the plugin.

We dont use the Sencha templates as they cause VS to lock up and crash, we don't use the plugin long term because it will cause VS to lock up and crash. We exclude sub-folders like ext and build from our project because VS will attempt to parse them automatically for it's own intelliesense. This will usually cause VS to lock up and/or crash.

I needed to upgrade to an SSD harddrive and 16GB of RAM just to see if it helps, and it does in creating projects where the Ext folder is copied over, but it doesn't help the plugin as it still crashes.

Again, I haven't tried the latest version that just came out, v 6.0.5.517 in Extensions list.