PDA

View Full Version : IntelliSense not working !!

2 Mar 2016, 8:59 AM
hi

how can I make the VS Plugin IntelliSense working without creating ExtJS App (through Sencha command) since that produce a lot of files , I want my application to be lightweight so I will add and configure every thing manually

thanks

Mark.Brocato
2 Mar 2016, 4:59 PM
Assuming you already have an existing solution and project in Visual Studio, first you need to right-click on the project and select "Enable Sencha Ext JS Plugin for Project".

As long as the Ext JS framework source code exists somewhere within your project, it will automatically be indexed for IntelliSense when you enable the Ext JS plugin (you'll see an indexing progress bar at the bottom of Visual Studio when you enable the plugin).

You don't actually have to reference the Ext JS source code in your application code, it just has to be somewhere in the project so it can be indexed.

If for some reason you don't want to have it in your project, you can edit the .sencha-ide-config file in the root of your solution (right click on the solution and select edit "Sencha IDE Config File"). Just open it in a text editor and uncomment the "include" section and specify the path to your copy of Ext JS. For example:

"include": [
"c:\\sencha\\ext-6.0.1"
]

Since you're not using Cmd, you'll also want to uncomment the app section of .sencha-ide-config so that the plugin knows about your app. Here's a full example:

/*
* By default the Sencha Ext JS plugin indexes all JavaScript and SASS files in your project. Use this file to
* index additional directories outside of your project, exclude directories within the project from indexing, and
* configure apps that were not created using Sencha Cmd.
*/
{

// List directories outside of the project root which should be included when indexing. Paths may be relative
// to the project root or absolute.
"include": [
"C:\\Users\\mbrocato\\sencha\\ext-6.0.0.629"
],

/*
// List directories inside the project root which should be excluded from indexing. Paths may be relative
// to the project root or absolute.
"exclude": [
"/path/to/dir/to/exclude"
],
*/

// List apps within the project root or included directories that were not built with Sencha Cmd.
// This is only required for apps that were not built with Sencha Cmd. This lets the plugin know the correct root
// namespace, sdk version, and toolkit (only applies to Ext 6 apps) for apps that do not follow the standard Sencha
// structure.
"apps": [
{
"name": "MyApp",
"path": ".",
"toolkit": "classic", // or "modern"
"sdk": {
"path": "C:\\Users\\mbrocato\\sencha\\ext-6.0.0.629", // this can also be a relative path if the sdk is located in your project
"version": "6.0.0",
"framework": "extjs" // or "touch" for Sencha Touch
}
}
]
}

logonambac
3 Mar 2016, 8:53 AM
Thanks for your sharing, I was looking for this issue

3 Mar 2016, 9:22 AM
thanks , now it's working fineI appreciate your answerthanks again