PDA

View Full Version : VS Intellisense

solarissf
19 Feb 2016, 5:07 AM
Is there a way to make intellisense work with my VS ExtJS plugin?

sandeep.adwankar
19 Feb 2016, 2:33 PM
Hi!
Any project with the “Sencha Plugin” enabled is eligible for IntelliSense suggestions and other code navigation features. To add the “Sencha Plugin” support to any project or web site, simply right-click on the project from within the Solution Explorer and select the “Enable Sencha Plugin for Project” command. Any Ext JS project generated from within Visual Studio automatically has the “Sencha Plugin” support enabled. Please let us know your specific issue.
For more details, please refer to http://docs.sencha.com/ide_plugins/visual_studio_ide_plugin.html

solarissf
10 Mar 2016, 5:05 AM
still not working. I created the project in VS directly... EXT JS Project. If I right click on solution SENCHA PLUGIN was already enabled. Any ideas how I can get this to work? I'm using VS Community 2015. Yesterday I received an email from SENCHA displaying the capabilities of the IDE plugin and they look great. hopefully we can figure this out
. Also, there are no other 3rd party libraries added to this projects. Its just a tutorial I am following.

sandeep.adwankar
10 Mar 2016, 3:07 PM
Hi!
Can you please try with latest Cmd 6.1.1
https://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/cmd-download/
Please make sure to select new Cmd directory while creating Ext JS project.

solarissf
10 Mar 2016, 3:44 PM
I installed sencha cmd v6.1.1.76... then I went to my project folder and ran sencha app upgrade. what else do I have to do in visual studio to see the intellisense?

sandeep.adwankar
10 Mar 2016, 4:29 PM
What version of framework are you using? Also, are you able to
1. Run the app with Ctrl+F5?
2. View framework files by clicking on class name and "Go to Definition"?
3. Access .sencha-ide-config file by going to Solution tree node within the Solution Explorer window, and selecting “Edit Sencha IDE Config File”? You don't actually need to add your apps in this file as you are using Cmd.

Mark.Brocato
10 Mar 2016, 4:32 PM
You shouldn't need to do anything other than what you've already done. When you open your solution, you should see a message at the bottom in blue that reads "Parsing Sencha Ext JS JavaScript files for IntelliSense..." Do you see that? Also, can you post a screenshot of Tools... Options... Sencha... General.

solarissf
10 Mar 2016, 5:26 PM
I don't see anything about parsing...

solarissf
10 Mar 2016, 5:31 PM
view framework by clicking on class name and goto definitions? what class name? where is that?

yes, when I hit ctrol f5 it loads as normal

I don't see a sencha config file

solarissf
11 Mar 2016, 4:30 AM
i also have this new error message when I try to start sencha
app watch from inside visual studio

I also found this in sencha.cfg

mirekgrela
11 Mar 2016, 5:49 AM
Hi,have you installed any other plugin to your Visual Studio except ExtJS plugin? If yes, can you say which?
Can you send us log file? It could help in troubleshooting. You will find log file at this location:
c:\Users\{your user name}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\{VS version 12.0 or 14.0}\Extensions\{randomly gen. folder}\Logs\{date}.log

solarissf
11 Mar 2016, 6:06 AM
I don't think I have any other plugins in the projects. Is there an easy way to check?
attached is my log file. what did I do to generate this error... I can get an admin to relaunch whatever it was.

mirekgrela
11 Mar 2016, 6:08 AM
For getting content of log file, please follow these steps:

close Visual Studio and delete all log files in Logs folder
open Visual Studio
open your solution and try to use intellisense
post content of log file
Thanks.

solarissf
11 Mar 2016, 6:18 AM
I followed your instructions and this is the log file...

mirekgrela
11 Mar 2016, 6:44 AM
It seems that your group policy setting is so restrictive, that it blocks running of our Javascript parser, which is used for intellisense. Are you connected to some domain or you use standalone computer? Do you have administrator rights on your computer?

solarissf
11 Mar 2016, 6:47 AM
yes I am inside a domain inside my company. I do have admin rights on the local computer... but I do not have admin rights on a higher level. For example, I can install some things... but not all. Sometimes I get the IT group to login as their version of admin and launch whatever I need. If I can get temporary full admin rights what can I do to correct this?

mirekgrela
11 Mar 2016, 7:23 AM
If you are connected to domain, then group policy is maintained centrally in Active directory. I don't know much details, some info is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_Policy
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_Policy)Best would be to contact your network administrator.
ExtJS plugin needs to be allowed to execute tern-win64.exe and tern-win32.exe files located in Tern folder.

solarissf
11 Mar 2016, 8:05 AM
thank you... I had an admin launch VS and it now works. looks like I have to figure out how to get admin rights permanently. thanks for the help!!