PDA

View Full Version : VS Plugin not working in 2015 Enterprise

egoodnoe
5 Nov 2015, 8:19 AM
When I try to create a new project with the plugin, in VS2015 Enterprise, I get a broken/incomplete dialog box

and cannot complete the process.

The OK button is inoperable, I cannot select a theme and there is a blank space where some other selction should be available.

What is the "Ext JS SDK" and what would its typical path be?

cdibbz
5 Nov 2015, 8:24 AM
Hi,

Could you provide me with some details about your machine? What OS are you on? 32 or 64bit? Etc.? What is the version on your VS2015 installation?

Thanks.

egoodnoe
5 Nov 2015, 8:35 AM
Thanks for the reply:

Hi,

Could you provide me with some details about your machine? What OS are you on? 32 or 64bit? Etc.? What is the version on your VS2015 installation?

Thanks.

- Win 7 64-bit
- VS 2015 ver. 14.0.23107.0
- .NET 4.6

AlexanderDrackaProfiq
9 Nov 2015, 5:50 AM
Hello egoodnoe (https://www.sencha.com/forum/member.php?705436-egoodnoe),
I'm sorry about your issue. The problem is that Plugin doesn't know paths for Cmd and Ext JS SDK. So you have to find location for the Cmd (C:/Users/<user name>/bin/Sencha/Cmd/<specific version>) and for the Ext JS.
Ext JS is a pure JavaScript application framework. Typical path depends on where you stored/extract it. For example if you are using the Sencha Architect you can navigate to: C:/Users/<user name>/Architect/frameworks/<ext version>.
I hope it helps :-?, have a nice day

egoodnoe
9 Nov 2015, 8:47 AM
Please augment instructions (http://docs.sencha.com/ide_plugins/visual_studio_ide_plugin.html) so that they provide more meaningful, detailed instructions for how to set up a project.

I found that I need to select a specific directory, not simply the version directory:

Cmd: C:/Users/<user name>/bin/Sencha/Cmd/<specific version>)
SDK: C:/Users/<user name>/bin/Architect/frameworks/<version>/<specific version>/commercial

Once I select that final directory, the Theme dropdown appears and the project (eventually) builds.

AlexanderDrackaProfiq
11 Nov 2015, 12:34 AM
Hello egoodnoe,I reported your problem about UI of that dialog. Well I am glad that you figure it out. I have got a bit different structure of my ExtJS SDK directories so I'm sorry for confusion. Have a nice day