PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse Sencha Plugin : autocomplete not working

udayp
4 Nov 2015, 7:18 AM
Hello,

I've installed the eclipse sencha plugin but the auto-complete doesn't work. I've verified that I've installed the plugin correctly.

Are the plugin features available for a pure sencha app only?

Also, in the Eclipse > Preferences > Sencha, I see the following:

'Sencha Backend Version: Not Installed'

What does that mean?

Thanks,

Chris.OBrien
4 Nov 2015, 8:23 AM
I've installed the eclipse sencha plugin but the auto-complete doesn't work. I've verified that I've installed the plugin correctly.

Are the plugin features available for a pure sencha app only?

Also, in the Eclipse > Preferences > Sencha, I see the following:

'Sencha Backend Version: Not Installed'

What does that mean?

We use a separate background process which indexes your JavaScript source. This gets automatically installed and run when you open a project with the Sencha Nature

Have you created a new Sencha Application, or added the Sencha Nature to an existing application? If not, try that, and you should see the "Indexing..." dialog appear after you generate an app, or add the Sencha Nature.

Once this has occurred, you should be able to see an appropriate Sencha Backend Version in your Sencha preferences, and autocomplete should then work.

Please check our guide (http://docs.sencha.com/ide_plugins/eclipse_ide_plugin.html) if you haven't, it will help you with the Sencha Nature or new App Generation if needed.

dolev
4 Nov 2015, 9:04 AM
1. I don't understand how come "create new Sencha Application" and "create new Sencha workspace" both appear when you right-click and then choose New, but "create new JS file isn't". I still have to create a new file with the old "File" option and name my file with the .js extension to start a new Ext Js file.

2. Autocomplete doesn't work for me either. When trying to autocomplete with Ctrl + Space this is what I'm getting (JPG)

Chris.OBrien
4 Nov 2015, 9:12 AM
1. I don't understand how come "create new Sencha Application" and "create new Sencha workspace" both appear when you right-click and then choose New, but "create new JS file isn't". I still have to create a new file with the old "File" option and name my file with the .js extension to start a new Ext Js file.

Our plugin adds the New Ext JS App and Workspace items to the right-click context menu, but the "New JS File" isn't ours, it's part of Eclipse, or perhaps the JSDT.

Do you see the "New Ext JS Class" menu option in your right click menu, or maybe that's what you meant? Sometimes it depends on what perspective you are in, as well as what folder/resource you're clicking on in the Project Explorer. Can you provide any more details there?

2. Autocomplete doesn't work for me either. When trying to autocomplete with Ctrl + Space this is what I'm getting (JPG)

That's a separate autocompletion 'computer' that's not part of the Sencha plugin. You can click on the 'content assist' preference page from the link in that dialog, and uncheck/disable the Template Proposals. You can also get here from Preferences -> JavaScript -> Editor -> Content Assist -> Advanced.

udayp
4 Nov 2015, 9:38 AM
I added Sencha Nature and made sure the Content Assist settings are present.

I'm getting the following stack in a popup when it tries to index:

Sencha Ext JS autocompletion will be disabled

TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'createUrl'
at Object.Extractor.addEvent (/Sencha/EclipsePlugin/plugin/ext/lib/extract.js.jx:891:23)
at Object.Extractor.addFromComment (/Sencha/EclipsePlugin/plugin/ext/lib/extract.js.jx:728:32)
at Object.<anonymous> (/Sencha/EclipsePlugin/plugin/ext/lib/extract.js.jx:689:49)
at Array.forEach (native)
at Object.<anonymous> (/Sencha/EclipsePlugin/plugin/ext/lib/extract.js.jx:687:46)
at c (/Sencha/EclipsePlugin/node_modules/acorn/dist/walk.js.jx:38:16)
at Object.skipThrough (/Sencha/EclipsePlugin/node_modules/acorn/dist/walk.js.jx:167:3)
at c (/Sencha/EclipsePlugin/node_modules/acorn/dist/walk.js.jx:37:15)
at Object.base.MemberExpression (/Sencha/EclipsePlugin/node_modules/acorn/dist/walk.js.jx:333:3)

Chris.OBrien
4 Nov 2015, 9:57 AM
I added Sencha Nature and made sure the Content Assist settings are present.

I'm getting the following stack in a popup when it tries to index:

Sencha Ext JS autocompletion will be disabled

TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'createUrl'
at Object.Extractor.addEvent (/Sencha/EclipsePlugin/plugin/ext/lib/extract.js.jx:891:23)
at Object.Extractor.addFromComment (/Sencha/EclipsePlugin/plugin/ext/lib/extract.js.jx:728:32)
at Object.<anonymous> (/Sencha/EclipsePlugin/plugin/ext/lib/extract.js.jx:689:49)
at Array.forEach (native)
at Object.<anonymous> (/Sencha/EclipsePlugin/plugin/ext/lib/extract.js.jx:687:46)
at c (/Sencha/EclipsePlugin/node_modules/acorn/dist/walk.js.jx:38:16)
at Object.skipThrough (/Sencha/EclipsePlugin/node_modules/acorn/dist/walk.js.jx:167:3)
at Object.base.MemberExpression (/Sencha/EclipsePlugin/node_modules/acorn/dist/walk.js.jx:333:3)

What OS/Architecture, and which Sencha SDK version you are seeing?

Since you said you added the Sencha Nature, I'm assuming this is an existing Ext JS App that you had previously, which wasn't generated through the Eclipse

Do you have any non-Ext JS based JavaScript files?

Are you able to take a screenshot of the application folder structure, and explain where the Ext SDK is in relation?

udayp
4 Nov 2015, 10:04 AM
Oh I see, it does have something to do with my existing structure which is enterprise application with sencha ext js 6 as the front end.

I created a new Sencha project and it worked fine.