PDA

View Full Version : When?

ssamayoa
2 Nov 2015, 8:29 AM
I'm Sencha Architect user but seems that ExtJS 6 support is far away in the future so I decided to take a look at the plugin's presentations and looks very nice (even if you have to use your imagination for the UI) but I'm eclipse user.

So, when we will have the plugin?

Regards.

Chris.OBrien
2 Nov 2015, 8:42 AM
Sencha will be releasing it for open beta soon. Stay tuned, and we'll keep everyone up to date in the plugin forums.

ssamayoa
2 Nov 2015, 9:49 AM
Thanks for your attention.

BTW, which eclipse version is targeted?

FWIW I still use luna because mars's spinners don't play well in Ubuntu.

Regards.

mitchellsimoens
3 Nov 2015, 5:53 AM
Check it out: https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?306442-Sencha-Eclipse-Plugin-Early-Access-is-Now-Available

Chris.OBrien
3 Nov 2015, 6:14 AM
Thanks for your attention.

BTW, which eclipse version is targeted?

FWIW I still use luna because mars's spinners don't play well in Ubuntu.

Definitely check out the link that Mitch gave above, so you can get the Eclipse plugin and try it out.

Our Eclipse plugin works with Eclipse Luna and Mars, and should work with Neon as well. We also support 64-bit Linux releases, so please let us know how it goes!

ju-ju-be
11 Nov 2015, 8:58 AM
Does this plugin also work in Spring Tool Suite 3.6? I have it installed but it doesnt seem to be doing anything.

Chris.OBrien
11 Nov 2015, 9:02 AM
Does this plugin also work in Spring Tool Suite 3.6? I have it installed but it doesnt seem to be doing anything.

I've tested it a bit ago with STS 3.7, and everything seemed to be working. Not sure what version of Eclipse that STS 3.6 is built on, but if you were able to install the plugin it should be fine.

Are you able to go to the File menu, choose New and find the Ext JS App and other new wizards? Do you see our Sencha support links from the Help menu?

If you want to autocomplete in a project you already have, you need to right click on your project to add the Sencha nature.

ju-ju-be
11 Nov 2015, 10:09 AM
I can see all of that and have added Sencha nature to my existing project. I guess maybe I thought you would also be able to "Open Declaration" on methods by either CTRL+click, F3, or right clicking and choosing 'Open Declaration'? Was code navigation not included? If so, how do I use it?

Chris.OBrien
11 Nov 2015, 11:28 AM
I can see all of that and have added Sencha nature to my existing project. I guess maybe I thought you would also be able to "Open Declaration" on methods by either CTRL+click, F3, or right clicking and choosing 'Open Declaration'? Was code navigation not included? If so, how do I use it?

The EA does include Code Navigation / Open Declaration functionality. However, it is tied to Shift+F3, and does not yet support control/command clicking.

Yes, this is an unconventional way of opening definitions, but the F3 shortcut (along with the right click Open Definition) is controlled by the JSDT Plugin for JavaScript in Eclipse. When attempting to Add F3 for the Sencha Open Definition, it simply disabled both commands altogether.

We already have tickets open for this, and hope to have clicking, F3, and the right click menu available for Sencha auto-completions soon.