PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the Visual Studio plugin

marc.fearby
22 Oct 2015, 7:35 PM
I've just watched the 43 minute webinar on the plugin and it does look interesting. Given that I use Sencha Architect to create my client UI (but VS to create the web service) I can't yet see me ditching Architect for this. However, the following kinds of improvements could see me putting Architect out to pasture (which seems like the unwanted step child of Sencha these days):
A "Sencha Explorer" to go near the Solution Explorer which basically shows the same as the Project Inspector in Architect, and one beneath it to show various config items and values?
The ability to drag and drop items (up or down) in the "Sencha Explorer" which would update the code accordingly
A WYSIWYG editor like Architect would be great, but I can see how this might deprecate Architect. However, most people prefer their favourite IDE (the top ones being Visual Studio, Eclipse, and IntelliJ I guess) so if Sencha poured its efforts into plugins for leading IDEs, then there would be no need for Architect (which can be pretty slow at times); native IDE plugins would be much faster, especially for code editing (which most definitely is not the case in Architect)
Maybe the icons beside the intellisense items could be the same as those used in the online documentation?
This isn't really plugin/Architect related but having to have clones of the ext/ folder in every project I work on takes up serious amounts of disk space. I have over 5GB worth of various ext/ folders throughout my hard disk (actual projects and various test cases), which is ridiculous. It would be nice to have just one copy somewhere for all projects and have Cmd refer to that when building an app

faireu
27 Oct 2015, 6:40 AM
Where did you find the webinar ?

Thanks

marc.fearby
27 Oct 2015, 1:21 PM
Where did you find the webinar ?

Thanks

It's linked in the email they send you after you ask to evaluate it here (https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?305798-Sencha-Visual-Studio-Plugin-Early-Access).

sandeep.adwankar
2 Nov 2015, 4:19 PM
Thanks Marc for your review. We will consider your suggestions for plugin roadmap.