PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect to a localhost app using a bookmarklet

marc.fearby
22 Oct 2015, 3:33 PM
I wasn't able to connect to the demo app so I tried the bookmarklet option for an app running on my own PC (Windows 8.1 with Chrome Version 46.0.2490.80 m). I get the following error in Chrome's developer tools:

My Sencha Inspector Port is set to 1839 and Sencha Inspector is definitely running... on my own PC, too.

marc.fearby
22 Oct 2015, 3:41 PM
It's a proxy problem. If I turn off all the checkboxes in Internet Properties for IE/control panel (which Chrome uses), then it works.

Connecting to local.senchainspector.com for an app running local seems a bit weird. Turning off proxies also creates problems, unless I use one browser for development and another for everything else (which I find irritating; I prefer chrome as IE's developer tools are horrible, and Firefox is slow, although Firebug shows better detail).

On a completely different matter, the anorexic font used by SI and its colour are difficult to read. I really have to lean in close to read it (I don't have to do this for anything else). It would be nice if we could change the font and/or increase the size.

arthurakay
22 Oct 2015, 4:31 PM
Connecting to local.senchainspector.com for an app running local seems a bit weird. Turning off proxies also creates problems, unless I use one browser for development and another for everything else (which I find irritating; I prefer chrome as IE's developer tools are horrible, and Firefox is slow, although Firebug shows better detail).

You can connect directly to http://localhost:1839 (or http://your-ip-address:1839) if you want; we default to local.senchainspector.com because we wanted to allow HTTPS connections without additional configuration. That doesn't sound to be an issue in your case, though.

marc.fearby
22 Oct 2015, 4:34 PM
I never saw a box asking me to enter a URL. Where do I type "localhost:1839"?

arthurakay
22 Oct 2015, 4:36 PM
In the bookmarklet popup, there is an "Advanced Settings" button you can click to customize the domain/port.

marc.fearby
22 Oct 2015, 4:38 PM
Sorry, I didn't notice that. I just looks like a heading to me. That works.