PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] "Components" never finishes loading in Inspector

wbabich
9 Oct 2015, 8:47 AM
I'm using Sencha Inspector GA, with an ExtJS6.0.1 modern app.
I'm using the "bookmarklets" method of attaching to my application, which is running under Tomcat8 and shown in the Chrome browser.
Sencha Inspector shows the app available, and I can open the inspection of the app.
However, the Components view hangs at "Loading components". Never completes. See attachment.
The Stores view and the Events view work properly, but the Layout view seems to do absolutely nothing when I'm "watching".
My application is considerably more complicated than the example apps, of course, but there's nothing really unusual about it.
Windows Task Manager shows four SenchaInspector.exe *32 processes, none of which are consuming much cpu, though they are doing some I/O reads.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to proceed?

sandeep.adwankar
9 Oct 2015, 2:20 PM
Hi,
Are you able to inspect modern view of admin dashboard app?http://examples.sencha.com/extjs/6.0.1/examples/admin-dashboard/?modern#dashboard

arthurakay
12 Oct 2015, 4:57 AM
Do you get any JS errors in your browser? If the Component Tree and Layout tabs are "doing nothing" it's likely they've hit an error executing some code within the context of your app, and you'll see those errors in your browser.

wbabich
12 Oct 2015, 5:41 AM
Hi,
Are you able to inspect modern view of admin dashboard app?http://examples.sencha.com/extjs/6.0.1/examples/admin-dashboard/?modern#dashboard

Yes, that works.

wbabich
12 Oct 2015, 5:46 AM
Do you get any JS errors in your browser? If the Component Tree and Layout tabs are "doing nothing" it's likely they've hit an error executing some code within the context of your app, and you'll see those errors in your browser.

In chrome's debugger console, I see:

Sencha Inspector: attempting to connect
Sencha Inspector: connected!
Uncaught TypeError: a.hasCls is not a function

I was able to capture that third error in Chrome's script debugger. Unfortunately the code is minified, but I can give you some context:

else{l=function(a){if(!a.isContainer||a.isHeader||a.hasCls("x-fieldset-header")||a.items.items.length===0){return false}

The var a is a MessageBox.

arthurakay
12 Oct 2015, 5:50 AM
Yes, that's probably related to Sencha Inspector.

Can you set "Pause on Exceptions" in your Chrome debugger and catch the error? I'm curious to know more about what "a" is (e.g. is it a Component, an element, etc) -- my bet is that there is something about "modern" apps that I have overlooked in the logic surrounding the component tree.

wbabich
12 Oct 2015, 5:56 AM
Yes, that's probably related to Sencha Inspector.

Can you set "Pause on Exceptions" in your Chrome debugger and catch the error? I'm curious to know more about what "a" is (e.g. is it a Component, an element, etc) -- my bet is that there is something about "modern" apps that I have overlooked in the logic surrounding the component tree.

Info is in the previous post. I edited it at the same time you were responding.

wbabich
12 Oct 2015, 6:04 AM
On an unrelated topic: Sencha Inspector seems to get heartburn when there are multiple Chrome tabs open. If I have, for example, the Sencha Forum open, then make a new tab and open my app, then use the bookmarklet, Inspector doesn't always detect the app. I have times when I need to close all of Chrome and start over.Have you seen that before?

arthurakay
12 Oct 2015, 6:08 AM
On an unrelated topic: Sencha Inspector seems to get heartburn when there are multiple Chrome tabs open. If I have, for example, the Sencha Forum open, then make a new tab and open my app, then use the bookmarklet, Inspector doesn't always detect the app. I have times when I need to close all of Chrome and start over.Have you seen that before?

No, almost all of my testing has been with 10+ tabs in Chrome open.

I have seen in some cases Sencha Inspector not executing code immediately in a tab which is not the active tab in Chrome -- it seems that Chrome may delay code execution in background tabs to save memory. But generally speaking the number of tabs doesn't effect Sencha Inspector, at least so far in our testing.

arthurakay
12 Oct 2015, 9:38 AM
I have opened a bug in our bug tracker to track this issue. I'll give you an update when I'm able to reproduce the error... I have a feeling that the MessageBox in question may simply not yet have rendered.

wbabich
19 Oct 2015, 9:45 AM
Thanks for opening the bug report.

I was not expecting a message box to open, I don't think.