PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Cannot use trial

SeminarPool
1 Oct 2015, 11:08 PM
I installed it on Win64 and enter my login info. Next screen says "License Activation" where I click "Activate Later".
Now it says "Sencha Inspector Trial Activated", but when I click on the button "Start using Sencha Inspector" it takes me back to "License Activation".

How do I exit this endless loop.

arthurakay
2 Oct 2015, 2:15 AM
If you close and then re-open Sencha Inspector, does that continue to happen?

SeminarPool
2 Oct 2015, 3:40 AM
Yes, it still happens. I tried that first.

arthurakay
2 Oct 2015, 3:48 AM
Ok, I see that you're a premium member -- can you please open a ticket in the support portal? I'll want to see your license file, and I'd rather not ask you to post that in the public forums :-)

We'll refund the XCredits for the ticket, just be sure to reference this thread in the ticket.

SeminarPool
2 Oct 2015, 3:54 AM
Iwould really like to, but the login of support portal says: "Force.com exception [sf:REQUEST_LIMIT_EXCEEDED]." ?!

arthurakay
2 Oct 2015, 3:55 AM
Oh... maybe we're having issues with Salesforce :-(

That may also explain why you can't login to Sencha Inspector; the license file might be corrupted as a result of SF being down. Let me ask around internally, it's still very early in the AM in California.

SeminarPool
2 Oct 2015, 5:07 AM
In the meantime I could login and created the ticket.

arthurakay
2 Oct 2015, 6:44 AM
Ok, great. Let me know if the Support Team is able to help you!

Benshi
6 Oct 2015, 11:19 PM
Hi,
I've installed sencha inspector, and when I say activate later, I get a message saying that it's activated and I have 29 days left... - when pushing "Start using Sencha Inspector" I get back to the activation screen.
thanks for helping
best regards
Benno

SeminarPool
7 Oct 2015, 2:25 AM
That is the same error - Support Team has created an issue for that, which is not solved so far.

arthurakay
7 Oct 2015, 3:48 AM
@Benshi - Assuming you have the same problem as the support ticket, you'll unfortunately have to wait until we fix the bug in an upcoming 6.0.1 release.

However, I would recommend that you open a Support ticket and detail the specifics of your case. That way we can reset your trial of Sencha Inspector when 6.0.1 is released -- without a Support ticket, I can't guarantee we'll be able to reset that for you.

-----

FYI the problem in ticket INS-352 is that MAC address verification is failing on non-English Windows OS.

Benshi
7 Oct 2015, 4:31 AM
Thanks arthurakay for the investigations - indeed I do not have an english windows OS... and I'll open a support-ticket. best regards, Benno.

arthurakay
16 Oct 2015, 4:30 AM
This issue should be fixed in 6.0.1:
- https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?305956-Sencha-Inspector-6.0.1-Now-Available!

Benshi
16 Oct 2015, 9:04 AM
hello,

thanks for the version 6.0.1 ... unfortunatly it is still showing the same symptoms. As I am using it as a trial - -i don't want to activate, and I just get the activation screen again and again...

I have updated my version 6.0.0. - only 20 days of trial left...

enjoy weekend
Benno.

arthurakay
16 Oct 2015, 10:35 AM
Sorry, I should have mentioned that you need to delete your existing license file first:

Win Vista+ : C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Sencha\Inspector\user.license
Mac : ~/Library/Application Support/Sencha/Inspector/user.license

Then, using 6.0.1 you'll login again -- this should download a fresh license file which allows you to use the trial.