PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Feature request: Editable text fields in color editor

eknight
29 Aug 2015, 9:52 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not. I'm using the Sencha Inspector with the fashion tag to modify the theme variables on the app. It is a lot of extra work to have to use the color picker/sliders to modify the color values; since it's displaying them in text fields, would it be possible to have those text fields editable? In particular the hex value field; would be so much easier to be able to copy/paste a value in there instead of setting the R, G, and B fields separately. Thanks!

arthurakay
31 Aug 2015, 5:10 AM
Thanks for the request! We have this on our list already, but I've linked this thread to that ticket.

arthurakay
10 Sep 2015, 3:47 AM
I have fixed this (sort-of) in our upcoming GA release. You will now be able to edit the value seen in the grid cell, before you open the color-picking popup.

Part of the problem is that Ext.ux.colorpick.Selector has the fields you mention marked as read-only. In our case, the grid's cell editor is an instance of Ext.ux.colorpick.Field -- which itself creates an instance of Ext.ux.colorpick.Selector for its popup. Therefore there are three layers of indirection between the grid (containing the key/value pairs of variable names/values) and the selection popup -- and I can't change that behavior without major surgery.

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.0/6.0.1-classic/#!/api/Ext.ux.colorpick.Selector

Hopefully this improvement is "good enough" for now, but I agree that we should make those inputs editable eventually.

eknight
10 Sep 2015, 5:54 AM
I would think that will be sufficient for now; it already would do that for colors defined as "#fff" instead of "#ffffff" and it was useful. Thanks!