PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] Why doesn't inspector show me layout run errors?

dersgniw
27 Aug 2015, 5:34 AM
Seems like the only way to debug layout run errors is using the page analyzer in the ext examples. I have the Chrome inspector and just downloaded the standalone inspector tool and neither show me why my layout is failing. With multiple devs on a project, it would be nice to have a simple way to view where these errors are occurring and not have to use multiple tools!

arthurakay
27 Aug 2015, 7:30 AM
We would like to get to that point.

Is it possible for you to create a small Sencha Fiddle that has a layout run error? That way I have a test case and can prioritize this :-)

dersgniw
27 Aug 2015, 8:45 AM
Not my example, but I found this:

https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/sbm

arthurakay
27 Aug 2015, 10:19 AM
Thanks! I have opened a ticket in our bug tracker -- I may be able to get this in before GA.

dersgniw
27 Aug 2015, 12:22 PM
Would this apply to the Chrome extension too? It seems they do the same thing, although I haven't used it much yet.

arthurakay
27 Aug 2015, 1:02 PM
Correct, the Chrome extension does not catch any "errors" or "failures" in the layout runs.

dersgniw
27 Aug 2015, 1:14 PM
Actually, I was wondering if the change to the Inspector Tool would also end up in the Chrome extension. Not sure if you guys share code for these.

arthurakay
28 Aug 2015, 3:07 AM
Ah, no. Development of the Chrome extension has stopped, and I wouldn't expect any of the new features or improvements in Sencha Inspector to make their way back to the Chrome extension.

dersgniw
28 Aug 2015, 5:20 AM
Thanks Arthur.

dersgniw
2 Oct 2015, 4:55 AM
Did this make it in?

arthurakay
2 Oct 2015, 4:56 AM
No, unfortunately I had to cut that for GA. It's one of my high priority items though, I think it will add a lot of value to the tool.